Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yummy Food, Cute OOTD and Coffee

What a day it has been and it isn't over yet!  Church this morning was fabulous.  Great music...and so much fun to play.  One Accord did an awesome job on "Give up" - especially at 9:30 and Shawna was AWESOME at both services singing "When I Don't Know What To Do."  Tears, yes, I saw tears in people's eyes both services after that one.  Incredible.  And, the end of the service with Denvers Mile High Orchestra's arrangement of "Solid Rock" was simply FUN and inspiring.  What a great way to start off this rainy Sunday. 

After church, we came home to a lovely lunch.  An Italian inspired casserole, salad and garlic bread.  Yummy-licious.  Yes, that IS a word.  I made it up myself.  :)  The recipe?  Why, certainly.  I am always happy to share my creations.  Basically, it was the left over whole wheat spaghetti noodles and sauce from dinner last night.  I made extra so I could put this together.  Planning ahead for left overs to make another meal is a favorite thing of mine. I mixed a 16 oz carton of cottage cheese (but you could use ricotta if you prefer) with basil, pepper and a little (1/4 cup or so) parmesan cheese and a handful of Italian blend cheese.  Mix that into the spaghetti noodles and plop into a buttered casserole dish.  Quarter some pepperoni, as much as you want, and mix into the left over spaghetti sauce.  If you don't have enough left over sauce, open a can of tomato sauce and add more spices.  I had enough, so I simply added the pepperoni and poured it over the noodles.  Top with Italian blend cheeses, cover and pop into the refrigerator to wait till the next day.  This gives the flavors time to blend and makes cooking the next day easy.  After we got home from church, I popped the casserole (covered with foil) into the oven and started preheating at 425 (for the garlic bread).  Once it came up to temperature, I uncovered the casserole and started assembling the garlic bread.  Popped that into the oven.  By the time the garlic bread was ready, the casserole was bubbly and lightly browned on top.  Perfect.  Serve with a green salad and lunch is READY.  Yum.  Very little left.  Just enough for me to have for lunch tomorrow.  Perfect.  :)

OOTD time.  I love what I wore to church today.  Cute, comfy and retro-inspired.  In fact, I was told I looked like I stepped out of the 50s.  Perfect!  Especially since that's the look I wanted.  :)  As I'm working on being "cute" all the time, I did something out of character...I didn't change when I got home.  Nice, since after lunch, the kids and I went out (yes, in the rain) to go to Game Stop (new game they pre-bought arrived in the store today) and Borders (FREE coffee for me - oops, forgot my coupon, FREE NEXT TIME, lol -  and $5 off coupon for teen to use for a book).  Now I'm sitting on my sofa still in my dress and enjoying it greatly.  I still need a cute apron.... 

This is what I'm wearing today:


Top by Merona
Skirt by Ann Taylor
Shoes by American Eagle (LOVE BOGO at Payless)


Today's coffee was brought to you by Seattle's Best at Borders.  However, I have Gevalia Signature Blend in the coffee pot now and will be drinking it soon with some lovely Peppermint Mocha creamer while I read "Bachelor's Puzzle" by Judith Pella.  Good book.  :)

Now to share a funny 13 year old boy story....Yes, this is about my youngest, who is quite a foodie in his own right and absolutely loves his Mom's cooking.  (Makes this Mom's heart happy.)  Now, you must understand that he told me after church that his Sunday School class is planning a get together in a couple of weeks and they are making ribs....and he had suggested I cook for them as my ribs are awesome.  I think ribs are the plan by the SS leaders.  However, I learned from one of the teachers the following via Facebook this afternoon.  I am going to quote her post to my wall:

SS Teacher:  "We're having an airsoft event, what kind of food should we have?"
My son:  "I'll bring ribs!"
SS Teacher:  "Are you going to cook them and bring the sauce?"
My son:  "I'll bring my Mom!  She'll cook!"

I have since suggested they either cook burgers or order pizza.  So NOT going to make ribs for a huge group of 13 year old boys.  I'm nice, but not THAT nice.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Lunch sounds like it was delicious! And you look super cute! Way to step up your game, sister.

    ReplyDelete