Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Closet Almost Killed Me! Long post/Lots of pics

Let's boycott the time change!!  I'm serious.  Let's get up at the old time and do everything on that schedule until the rest of the world sees our genius and joins us in ignoring DST.  *sigh*  If only it were that simple. 

My day started early when I got up to drive my hubby to the bus stop.  I was so exhausted.  All I wanted to do was to come home and sleep.  However, I must be responsible until the two youngest leave for the bus.  By that point, I had already had two cups of coffee and was playing on the computer trying to wake up.  It worked.

Once I could function and not harm myself, I opened the closet door and took this picture. 
Scary, isn't it?  I promise there are shelves in there.  All the junk isn't just piled in there haphazardly.  Promise! Apparently, it was very dusty in there as my allergies went crazy while I was working on it.  Achoo!!!  Sniff, sniff....

To prove there were shelves under all the stuff, I took this photo when I got everything out. 
Just as I started putting everything back in the closet, I hear a knock on my door.  The exterminator shows up.  Great.  The dining room table is buried under the stuff from the closet.  (No pic, sorry.) Things are scattered everywhere.  At least the rest of the house was semi-presentable.  Finally, over an hour later, I had it all back together and now it looks like this. 

Much nicer, don't you think?  You can't see details, of course, but everything is together in like groups.  Things are in the back that aren't used very often.  Top shelf looks SO much better!  I have several bags of things to donate and a bag of trash.  While I was going thru everything I found some Easter decorations and put them out. 

Cute, huh?  Oh, you can see me in the mirror wearing my new apron.  (Debra, I love it more every day!!)  I love the bunnies.  Don't you?  The bear on the left with the bunny ears is just too sweet.  :)  I also found some outside decorations (didn't take a pic, oops) that I put up...and took THIS down...

It's March 15.  I think it was time for the Let It Snow wreath to go....  Don't worry.  It's put away in an upstairs closet awaiting next winter.  :)

After all that AND clearing the refrigerator of icky stuff (no other way to describe the science projects in progress) I laid down for a grand total of 20 minutes.  Back up at 2:00 to work on general home maintenance. Yup.  Laundry and floors.  Washer and dryer going.  Clean stuff folded and put on respective dressers and the downstairs floors vacuumed.  Finished in time to do the afternoon transport run around town.  Eldest retrieved from Rec Center.  Hubby retrieved from bus stop. Rush home to finish dinner.  Tonight's meal was a yummy crock pot roast that was sooooo tender.  YUM!  Add mashed potatoes (made with real butter), gravy, green beans and homemade biscuits. A feast.  :) 

After dinner, the eldest and I were off to Orchestra practice at our church.  I was wiped out by this time.  At the beginning of practice, I couldn't concentrate and kept losing my place in the music.  I would stop playing to try to find my place in the music.  Instead of finding my place, I would fall asleep. This happened more than once.  I am very afraid there are Sleeping Not So Pretty pictures of me which will soon be on FaceBook.  Oops.  Color me embarrassed. 

Today's coffee was wonderful, of course.  I brewed a full pot and enjoyed it to the last drop.  It was Gevalia's Le Procope - a coffee inspired by a French coffee house.  Very wonderful.  I recommend a minimum of sweetener and a splash of organic half and half so you can enjoy the full flavor of the coffee.  It's ok with flavored creamers, but this coffee is so good, you don't need flavors.  I drank my coffee today in my new favorite mug:

Cute, huh?  Thanks again Dana!! You are so thoughtful!! And, this was VERY appreciated!!

Now, for today's OOTD.  I went simple as I knew I was going to be cleaning most of the day. 

Top by Liz & Co.
Jeans by French Connection
Shoes by AirWalk
Jewelry - thrifted in TX 5 years ago.  :)

The top does have some cute detailing to it, but my son Patrick, who is my "Official OOTD Photographer", wasn't able to get a good picture of it tonight.  Those pictures have been deleted.   
Wow...I just read (and edited) this post.  I didn't mean to detail every moment of my day.  Sorry!!  Hope you weren't too bored. 
Tomorrow will bring pictures of my bedroom make over.  Or at least it's beginnings...  That room is going to be a HUGE project.  Plus, I need to do some shopping - for some new furnishings, food, clothes....and birthday gifts.  How to fit all this into my schedule.....  ???

Before you ask, NO, my activity level (ie exercise) wasn't what I intended for today.  I chose to clean and walk the dogs vs. going for a walk/run.  Maybe tomorrow....  Hee hee hee.....  At least I did really well with my food choices today - until tonight when I admit to making a trip to the Taco Bell drive thru after Orchestra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment