Monday, March 7, 2011

Another day in the life...

It's Monday again.  A slightly different Monday at my house, however.  My hubby is home from work today preparing for some medical tests tomorrow.  He's on clear liquids and will be doing a "prep" later.  Not a fun day for him at all.  However, I must say he is doing much better on clear liquids only than I have done in the past.  His attitude is actually quite nice.  I'm impressed.  Mostly because I know that when *I* am that hungry, I am VERY grumpy.  VERY grumpy indeed.  Did I mention I get grumpy when I need to eat?  Thus, I am in awe of  my hubby being able to maintain his kindness. 

Today is my usual day to clean house and get it back to normal after everyone being home all weekend.  This doesn't happen when I people in the house getting in my way.  (I'm a tiny bit of a control freak about how and when things are done in the house.)  It's just easier to do it when it's only me with no one trying to "help"....  Just being honest about it... Anyway, hubby and I set out this morning on a quest for jello that is NOT sugar free and does not have red dye in it.  We were looking for snack cups of pre-made jello.  No luck.  So, we bought lemon and lime jello to make.  They are in the refrigerator now "jello-ing" and he's "eating" broth from chicken noodle soup and drinking lots of tea and gatorade.  We've gone shopping and I've worked on laundry most of the day.  Mt. Washmore is down to a molehill now.  :)

Due to the running around and cleaning plans, I'm dressed in the Mom Uniform. I jazzed it up a bit with the jewelry today so it would at least be interesting.  This is what I'm wearing...


Top by unknown.  Seriously, the tag is missing.  But, don't you love the blue?
Jeans by French Connection.  I LOVE these jeans.  So comfy.
Shoes by Airwalk (Payless)
Jewelry from Payless also.  But, isn't it cute?


I love mixing and matching and putting together items you might not think about bringing together.  Like Payless items with designer pieces too.  It can work.  Beauty on a Budget.  :)

Coffee for today is Gevalia Traditional Roast with a variety of creamers.  Right now, I have a cup of coffee with Coconut Cream.  YUM.  Next cup...who knows!!  :)

5 comments:

  1. I love mixing and matching too. You are having another cute day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gorgeous! Missing you :-)

    Terry T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared your blog. It's great to catch up with you and your family. Love the new hair, love the OOTD posts. You look great! I signed up as a follower and added your blog to my Google Reader. Keep those posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry! I miss you too. Hugs to my beautiful Island friend. Must get back to TX and see you soon. :)

    Vicki...I'm so glad to have you as a follower. Since I've committed to the OOTD, I'm actually posting daily so I don't have to add 3-4 days of pictures in a post. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mixing designer and discount pieces is one of my favorite ways to dress. I've been known to wear a $6 Walmart dress, with an expensive cashmere cardigan and pricey shoes. It all comes down to feeling good because confidence makes everything look expensive. It's fun reading about your evolution.

    ReplyDelete