Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy, busy, busy....

A busy day for a busy girl.  Plans were to meet a friend for brunch, which got changed to lunch, which actually worked out better for me. This morning I decided to begin my house transformation.  The dining room was the focus on my effort this morning with the kitchen and entry getting attention this afternoon.  Here are the before and after pics:
Before (above)
and After (below)

It only took 2 hours to accomplish!  :)  Then I moved to the kitchen and did this:

Before (above)
and After (below)


And, this in the entry:


Before (above)
and After (below)

Lunch (at Panera) was a wonderful break.  Time to relax and enjoy spending time with a friend.  Not to mention the food was good, coffee was adequate (no flavored creamers *sigh*)  and the company was exceptional.  I always walk away from conversations with this particular friend knowing not only more about her, but more about myself.  She has a way of asking questions that make me think or just saying something that sparks some deep reflection later.  Today she reminded me that I need to stop worrying about things and let my husband lead the family as I fall under the umbrella of his protection.  Not sure I LIKE it, but I am deeply considering this and being convicted of it's truth.  I will thank you later, Debra.  Promise.  ;)

Funny kid story (how was that for a change of subject?).  So, my son calls this afternoon while I am out transporting other family members home and says "So......Mom..... I came in the house and felt....really....off balance.  Next time, warn me!"  This made me laugh.  I asked if I should put a sign on the door next time?  I'm thinking it should be bright yellow and say something along the lines of "Beware!  Mom in Spring Cleaning Mode.  House has been rearranged!" 

Of course, with all the cleaning, rearranging and spending time out at lunch and then Target shopping I didn't cook tonight.  Thankfully, I had planned for this.  It was left over night!  Wooo hooo!!  Left over BBQ, gumbo and potato salad.  I did make french fries to go with the sandwiches so technically, I did cook.  I get extra credit for that, right?  The kids weren't thrilled, but they did eat.  I'm guessing it had something to do with my on-going threat of "if you don't eat it tonight, you will see it again tomorrow."  But, that's just a guess. 

Coffee today was only at Panera.  It was adequate.  Obviously.  I had 3 or 4 cups of it.  But, nothing really special.  I drank the dark roast with skim milk and a light splash of half and half....until the half and half container disappeared.  Then I used skim milk only.  At home, I drank several cups of Irish Breakfast Tea while cleaning.  Not sure why.  It was just a tea kind of morning.  Maybe it's because St. Patrick's Day is this week. 

On to what you are all waiting to see.  My OOTD.  Yes, I know, you are dying to know what I wore today.  You probably skipped all the words just to find the picture of my outfit.  LOL  I hope not.  I said some very nice things today.  Go back and read it.  Then you can proceed to the final pictures.  Be sure to look at the shoes.  They are super cute!!

Sweater by Ann Taylor Loft
Top by August Silk
Jeans by Lee Rider
Shoes by Fioni
Aren't they cute?  The flowers are so adorable and really pulled the outfit together. 
I do confess to taking along and wearing a pair of black flats when I went to Target.  It was supposed to be a quick in and out to buy a hammer.  It ended up being an hour long shopping trip where I bought several items for my house transformation.  It was worth it.  However, I need to go shopping again soon.  I need more storage bins/items for my transformation...

3 comments:

  1. Bahahaha!! I was reading, like, "What kinda lame friend says crap like that?!" Oh, wait, she is talking about me! LOL
    Hard but true. Sometimes I find it a relief, honestly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you find a relief? Saying the hard but true things? Lame friend...please... Only a true friend would ask or say those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cracking up now. If I hadn't of read Debra's blog first I would have guessed it was her you were lunching with before you told us! Gotta love a friend who is willing to ask the hard questions in a loving way.
    Susan, those colors look great on you by the way. Also love hearing about your coffee addiction--someone more addicted to it than me!
    Those shoes look just like you too!
    Don't blame you for the flats in Target...i'm starting to do that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete