Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ahhhh, a quiet weekend (sort of) for a change!

Yes, today was sort of hectic, but nothing like our weekdays.  Hubby graciously transported the two eldest sons to school this morning to catch the bus for a BIG NJROTC competition.  We call it "Area 5".  It is an invitation only competition between the top 10 schools in our district (Area 5).  The top 3 schools from today's competition then advance to the National Competition.  It was a long day of practice and competition for them.  Even winning the Academic portion of the competition (highest amount of points toward the overall score) and placing 2nd in Armed Standard Drill and another event, their school did not place in the top 3.  Congrats to Green Run High School who placed first and is the only Hampton Roads school which advanced to Nationals. 

Son #3 was invited to a friends house for overnight.  Hope he's having a blast!!  Will pick him up after church tomorrow.  It's strange having him gone...

Hubby and I went out for dinner (sorta date night) at DJ's Mongolian Grill.  LOVE that place.  The kids just don't seem to understand why we go out without them...  One day, they will understand...and I'm so looking forward to reminding them about these days.  :)

Today's OOTD was nice and relaxed.  Still had a slight vintage feel with the top.  Felt as if I were channeling (NOT that I believe in that, lol) Jackie O when I put it on.  Something very classic about this style.  What do you think?  BTW, I didn't really like any of my pics today, so I am posting the top 4.  Which do you like?

#1

#2

#3

#4

Top by Old Navy
Trousers by Sonoma
Shoes by Avon (yes, again)


Coffee was Gevalia Signature Blend with Southern Pecan creamer.  Dinner was OUT!!  The offspring were kindly provided with their choice of Taco Bell or Hardees.  :)  

2 comments:

  1. The first pic is my favorite-I think it's the perfect photo shoot angle:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my favorite pic of the ones we did that day too. The outfit was so cute. It just didn't photograph well for some reason. Not sure if it was the model or the photographers... LOL

    ReplyDelete