Friday, March 11, 2011

Teens, food and OOTD

I remembered (with hubby's help) the great story about my son from last night!  This may not make sense to everyone, but my Bible study girls will definitely get it.  :) 

So, I am having one of those serious, heart to heart discussions with my 18 year old.  Won't go into the details of it as it is private, but it was definitely quite a conversation.  Apparently, I was quite getting into my topic and speaking with conviction and my son starts smiling at me.  This, of course, prompts me to stop in the middle of a sentence and ask "What?" to which he replies, "You sound just like Beth Moore."  LOVE IT!!!  I took it as a huge compliment.  When I asked why, he said it was a combo of my Southern accent and what I was saying.  I smiled, said thanks and finished my point.  Still smiling over it.  :)

Today was another busy day in my neighborhood - for me, at least.  Not sure about my neighbors.  Except for the ones next door who are moving!!!  Insert happy dance figures here.  I know I should be nicer about them, but these people drive me totally insane.  I am glad they are moving...and I seriously and sincerely pray that NICE people move in after they get the place repainted and fumigated.

Still need to do some massive shopping for the house.  It was on the POTD (plan of the day) for today, but didn't happen.  Maybe tomorrow....or next week.

Dinner tonight was fun.  My two eldest have friends spending the night so I have 6 teenagers in my house.  They eat a LOT.  I decided to go easy but yummy.  We had gyros with chips.  Oreos for dessert because I did not feel like baking cookies.  Tomorrow I will be making massive amounts of pancakes for breakfast.  How much gyro meat did I make?  2.5 pounds of it.  There's enough left for maybe one more. Lunch for me tomorrow!!  YIPPEE!!  :)

Coffee today was.......hmmmmm.....I didn't have ANY coffee until after dinner tonight when I brewed another wonderful pot of German Chocolate Cake coffee and of course, used my Coconut Cream creamer.  Ahhhhhh.....  Yes, I drank almost the entire pot. 

Today's OOTD!!  I really like this.  VERY comfy.  Plus, I felt super cute in it for some reason. 

It was so pretty outside this morning, we decided to snap a picture by the tree. 
Sweater by Croft & Barrow
Blouse by Citron
Slacks by Sonoma
Shoes by American Eagle
Jewelry - clearance at Wal-Mart

A better view of my blouse and necklace...and my purple nails.  Cute, huh?  :)

Love the detail on these shoes. 
Trouser socks helped keep my feet warm and added a little interest too.

 

4 comments:

  1. You look cute AND comfy. WTG!
    Funny kid, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would like his comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a compliment! I would LOVE that. Love that nail polish too-I didn't see what color it was?? Still have to get that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara...it's a shade of purple by the same company as the blue. :) YES, I LOVE that comment/compliment. Will treasure it forever. :)

    ReplyDelete