Friday, March 18, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Happy Weekend!!  Woo hoo!!!  What a day it has been.  Nothing too strenuous, but definitely busy.

Today started with sleeping until 7:00 which was absolutely wonderful.  How I love having teens who not only get themselves up on time, but they make their beds, fix breakfast, pack their lunches and get to the bus stop on time by themselves. 

Hubby had appointments this morning so I went along to spend the day with him.  First stop was Navy Legal for a General POA (that's Power of Attorney for you non-military people).  We don't know if I will need it when I go to AL/TN next week.  Better to be prepared, right?  :)  Then it was a quick stop at the Navy Exchange for Starbucks.  Afterwards, it was hubby's medical appointment for a med refill, referrals and medical record updates.  Then back to the NEX for more shopping! Finally, lunch at Applebee's.  If you haven't tried their Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp, do so immediately.  YUM.  The potatoes are incredible also....and I absolutely adored the mushrooms and onions too.

The weather today was incredible. Once at home, we opened the windows and sat on our deck to enjoy the lovely weather and scenery.  It was so nice to sit in the sun, talk, listen to the birds and watch the squirrels.  Nature is so beautiful.  I feel so blessed to live here.  We enjoyed our afternoon so much, we decided to serve dinner on the deck! 

Just as I finished eating, our two eldest called to say today's NJROTC competition was over and they were on their way to school.  Did the transport home, went for a lovely twilight walk with hubby and came home to have a serious talk with the eldest.  How do people raise their children without faith in God?  It's my only comfort and my place to find wisdom.  I certainly couldn't do it alone. 

Today's OOTD was chosen because this is my hubby's current favorite outfit in my closet.  I love the way it makes me feel as if I've stepped back in time to the 1940s or 1950s.  Retro inspired style is so much fun!

Dress by Lily
Cardigan by Croft & Barrow
Belt - thrifted
Purse  - no label, bought in TX at an outlet shop.
Shoes by American Eagle
Hubby took the picture this morning.
This afternoon Patrick, my 13 year old son and my official photographer took this picture:

This was on our deck.  You can see a bit of the view.  Nice, huh?
Oh, that's hubby's knee on the left. 
I forgot to show off my nails yesterday.

Appropriately painted green for St. Patrick's Day and such a fun color, I will be using it often.
The color is called "Wild Thing" by Pure Ice (Wal-Mart).

Coffee today was a Starbucks Misto this morning with sugar free vanilla syrup again.  This afternoon, I brewed a pot of Gevalia Signature Blend coffee and splashed lots of Southern Pecan creamer into my mug.  YUM!  Dinner was boring.  Leftovers from last night.  Tomorrow I will cook again.  Who knows,  maybe I will include another recipe.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally tell the difference on your face in the pic your hubby took;-)) No wonder he loves that one! I love that color blue on your. Have to say you are rocking the nail polishes these days too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete