Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weary Traveller

Today is THE day!!  I am on my way to see my in-laws and my parents and any other family members who come to see me while I am at their houses.  Can't wait to get "home" and see everyone.  It's going to be a quick trip, but I plan to enjoy each and every moment I am there. 

So far, I've had a wonderful day.  Precious time with hubby this morning.  I miss my boys - all 5 of them - so much.  Even though I know I will have a good time on my trip and that they will be fine at home without me, I miss them and wish we were all travelling together.  I'm SUCH a Mom, huh?  Wouldn't trade it for the world.  :)

Arrived at the airport in plenty of time and was helped by a very pleasant gentleman at the United counter.  He took my confirmation numbers, printed all my tickets for me and tagged my luggage.  Yes, I know I'm only going on a 5 day trip, but a girl needs options and shoes.  Lots of shoes.  Anyway, had plenty of time to get thru security (minus the pat down, which I've learned I paid for and didn't get.  Where do I request a refund of that fee??  LOL)  and to my gate.  Uneventful flights thus far from Norfolk to DC and DC to Charlotte.  Praying for the last one to be as uneventful.  Seriously.  I pray each and every time I get on a plane.  I pray for the pilot, co-pilot, attendants, passengers, weather, safety, you name it...and continue to do so off and on for the entire flight...with a prayer of thanks when we land safely. 

The aiports have been interesting....strike that....boring.  The worst part of travelling alone.  Dulles requires you to PAY to go on-line.  Needless to say, I didn't pay $8 for the priviledge of going on-line for 2 hours.  Seriously? I just used my phone.  Battery power is almost gone and I haven't taken an OOTD photo yet.  Oops. 

Had the fun of eating a Cinnabon earlier.  I haven't had a REAL cinnabon since leaving TX back in 2007.  I forgot how much I love them.  But, since I'm working very hard to lose weight, I'm GLAD I can't easily get one in VA.  :) 
Me sitting at the airport, waiting to go to Huntsville, AL.

Me in the bathroom, only way I could get an OOTD today.  LOL


OOTD is the following:  Top by
Sweater by Ann Taylor Loft
Slacks by Banana Republic
Boots by 9 West

Coffee by Starbucks all day.  Grande brewed coffee in a Venti cup so I can add lots of fat free milk and a small splash of half & half.  Food has been sporadic at best.  Trying to make good choices (with the exception of the Cinnabon, of course) for the most part.  Eating sandwiches - minus mayo and most of the bread.  Boring, but hey, I want my waist to continue to shrink during my trip, not expand! 

Will attempt to chronicle my adventures over the next few days so I can post an update on Monday.  Earlier if I get the chance.  No internet access at inlaws or parents houses.  *insert crying face here!!!*

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors on you and especially how your necklace picks up the red in your hair! Going home is so much fun--enjoy every minute:-)

    PS-I live only about 45 minutes from Dulles...wish I could have seen you!

    ReplyDelete