Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Top o' the evening to ya!  Hope you've been having a wonderful Spring like day.  We certainly did here in Virginia Beach.  Lovely weather.  Could've been a tad bit warmer, but overall, twas quite nice.  (Tell the truth....you read the above in your best Irish accent, didn't you?  LOL)

Busy day, as all Thursdays are for me.  Started out with a wonderful Bible Study this morning.  If you've never taken a Beth Moore study, take one!!  If you have, then you know what I'm talking about.  Yes, it's work, but it's so worth it.  I have learned so much about King David, God, and myself thru this study.  I'm sad we only have 3 week remaining...and especially sad that I will be missing the next session.  Will definitely have to go view the video  when I return from my quick trip to AL/TN. 

The afternoon was busy, but nothing noteworthy.  Dinner tonight was yummy.....Yummi Setti (as I see it called in my Amish Christian fiction novels), or as my cookbook spelled it Amish style Yum Setta.  Quick, easy and delish.  Yes, I will tell you how I made it.  Note....I have made a few alterations from other recipes you may see for this to suit our families taste.  Brown a pack of 93% lean ground beef or very lean ground chuck with onions till the beef is done and the onions are translucent.  Stir in 2-3 TBSP brown sugar and a can of tomato soup.  Let cook into beef so it's nicely flavored. Sprinkle with pepper and stir.  While you are browning the beef, put water on to boil with sea salt to flavor the noodles.  When the water boils, pour in about 8 oz of medium egg noodles.  Cook al dente.  Drain.  Put a pat of real butter in the noodles to melt.  Gently stir in a can of cream of chicken soup.  Pour noodles in a buttered casserole dish.  Top noodles with either cubed Velveeta OR slices of American cheese.  Cover cheese with hamburger mixture.  Cook in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes.  Yummy!!  Add some veggies and you have a delicious meal. 

This was dinner for me, hubby and the two youngest.  The two eldest sons had the fun of attending a birthday dinner for a friend and then going to his house to "chizzazzle" for a while.  LOL  Love teenagers and the weird words they use.  :)

Here is today's OOTD:
Top by Elementz
Skirt by Signet
Belt???
Shoes by Rampage

Today's coffee was brought to you by Gevalia - German Chocolate Cake flavor today, with Coffee Mate Coconut Cream creamer.  Been sipping on it all day long.  At Bible study it was some unknown brand with International Delights French Vanilla creamer.  And, for all those who were wondering after yesterday's blog...a misto is the same as a cafe au lait:  half coffee, half steamed milk and I had sugar free syrup added to make it taste more like a latte, but at half the price.  Yes, she even bargain shops coffee.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I need to learn to do Starbucks on the cheap too...now I know.
    Very cute OOTD, especially love the added belt. All in all a very springy feel:-)
    Glad you wore green...I certainly didn't. I didn't even know it was St. Patty's day! Mom of an 11-month-old brain you think?
    You make me remember how much I love Beth Moore. I hope I can get into one sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete