Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cloudy Tuesday

It was so nice being able to post my blog before 10 pm yesterday that I'm going to try this again.  I started my blog yesterday morning and added to it throughout the day, edited quickly and VOILA! posted early.  This may become a trend. 

This morning, after transporting hubby to the bus stop, KLOVE on the radio, I was inspired by the beauty of Virginia Beach as Spring arrives.  The Bradford Pears, the cherry blossoms, the daffodils are all beautiful.  But, even more, the GREEN that is showing up all over makes my heart sing!  The budding trees, the grass, the growing flowers.  God's majesty is everywhere!!  Yes, praise and worship happened in my van early this morning. 

My plan for today was to get a few things accomplished in the house and then run errands.  When folding the laundry, I got bogged down as it was MY laundry.  (I wash my things separately from the guys clothing for obvious reasons.)  I started thinking about my upcoming trip and what I am going to wear.  I spent almost 2 hours trying on outfits and seeing how many ways I could style the new pieces I recently purchased.  My apologies now to the baggage handlers Thursday afternoon/evening.  There will be a heavy piece of luggage going to Alabama.  Sorry.  I have too many things I want to take "just in case".  A girl has to be prepared, right?  :) 

After 3 hours of mixing, matching, trying on and debate, the following will be packed:  3 pants, 1 skirt, 3 dresses, 5 (or 6) tops, 2 cardis and 4 pair of shoes.  I will be wearing the 5th pair.  The travelling outfit is yet to be decided, but has been narrowed to two outfits, one with pants, the other a dress.  I'm sure the weather will decide which I wear Thursday. 

Finally finished with the clothing dilemma, got off the computer and ran errands.  Picked up everyone from their respective places - those who were where they should be (hubby at the bus stop, two eldest at the Rec Center) and those who were where they shouldn't be (#3 missed the bus, #4 had no key and was at an approved neighbors house, but neglected to CALL us...why did we get him a cell phone if he's not going to use it for its intended purpose???  Child had it OFF....  *sigh*)

Came home, fixed dinner, ate and ran out to do more errands.  Hubby and youngest went along for company. The youngest loves to play.  Hubby thinks he's still 13 with him.  They decided (after much bickering) to have a race as we were leaving the NEX.  Just after they started running, I blinked.  When my eyes opened, I saw hubby hit the ground.  Somehow, he fell forward, rolled and ended up with his foot caught in the cart corral.  He hurt his hands (bleeding palms) and scratched his knee (but didn't tear his pants?) and, of course, is sore from falling. He limped to the van.  We laughed all the way home.  :)

Here is today's OOTD:
Top by Wet Seal
Sweater by Croft & Barrow (tired of this one too??)
Jeans by Gloria Vanderbilt
Ankle Boots by 9 West
The above photo was taken by Patrick, my 13 year old son and official photographer.
The below picture was taken by my husband on our deck.  It's a bit bright, but I love the view behind me!


Below is a pic of me in the van after I bought a new color of lipstick today.
My friend Kara recommended not only this color for me, but also the way to check it - either by a window in natural light or in the rearview mirror after you leave the store.  Obviously, I couldn't wait to try it!!

Messy hair, but CUTE lips.  :)
Oh, and you can see some of the detailing around the collar of my top.
The lipstick (I know you are wondering) is Are You Red-dy by Maybelline.
Purchased at Target.  GREAT price.  :)
Next lip color will be Maybelline Very Cherry.
Oh...for all you make up types...both colors are from Maybellines color sensational line.  :)


Coffee today was Gevalia's Le Procope.  I really enjoy this coffee.  Rich, full wonderful flavor.  Pairs wonderfully with flavored creamers or simply with a splash of half and half (or skim milk, depending on what I have on hand and my mood). 

Dinner tonight was boneless skinless chicken breasts browned in olive oil with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.  Served with a home made white bbq sauce, angel hair pasta, corn and cresents....and the ever present Sweet Tea.  In the South, we capitalize Sweet Tea.  It's that important.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that shirt. The lipstick's great tooooo. But love the shirt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Wonder why? :) We both know someone with good taste. BTW, up for coffee tomorrow? My place? I will be cleaning part/most of the day, but can take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the detailing at the neckline of that shirt! What a beautiful view you have also. Glad you loved the lipstick and thanks for the shout-out;-)
    PS-So sorry to hear about your hubby--I can imagine what a great laugh it must have been though once he was back up:-))

    ReplyDelete