Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy days and Mondays....

And when it's a Rainy Monday... 

But, I'm determined to keep a smile on my face and to do what needs to be done.  Today, that means cleaning my closet and beginning the transformation on my bedroom.  I didn't take a before picture.  Too ashamed.  Honest.  It wasn't ready for an episode of Hoarders or Clean House....BUT, it also wasn't "clean enough" for me to let anyone see it.  Funny, I shared a photo of that HORRIBLE closet, which is 10 times worse than my room, but I won't share the true state of my bedroom.  Silly, yes, but I never claimed to be otherwise.  ;)

Today's OOTD is basic and boring for several reasons:  I was deep cleaning a closet, it was raining and I had grocery shopping to accomplish.  Here it is:
Top by Liz Claiborne Sport
Jeans by French Connection
Shoes by Airwalk for Payless
Earrings.... circa 2005, Dillards


Coffee today was Gevalia Traditional Roast.  In one cup I finished the Peppermint Mocha creamer.  Next cup finished off the Cinnabon Creamer.  Next cup was Coconut Cream creamer...and the other two cups were protein coffees (protein powder mixed with water and then coffee mixed in - different than a protein shake, tasty and I got protein.  Win/win!)  Yes, it was an entire pot of coffee and YES, I have HUGE coffee cups.  :)

Tonight I had a Venti Cafe Misto with fat free milk and sugar free vanilla syrup.  This drink has definitely increased in price.  Next time, I'm ordering a grande in a venti cup with sugar free syrup. (I'm a Gold Card Member at Starbucks and get free syrups.  Yes!)  Then, I can add skim milk (it just won't be steamed) and it will be 1/2 the price I paid today. 

Dinner tonight was a recipe from Allrecipes.com called "Anns Dirty Rice"...it's basically a stuffed pepper casserole.  Easy to make and easy to adapt.  We really like this recipe as it does not include tomatoes OR cheese, but maintains the stuffed pepper flavor.  You COULD add them and it would be wonderful.  But, we like it as is.  Tonight, I chopped fresh mushrooms and sauteed along with the peppers, onions and beef and it was superb.  Next time I may add celery and garlic also. 

3 comments:

  1. I am SO trying the "protein powder in coffee" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doncha just love when it's a rainy, Monday, grocery shopping day? Those are killers! =) But you look more that perfect for the job...and we've all gotta do it at some point, no? =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, let me know how it goes. Remember, mix the powder with a cold/cool liquid before adding the coffee, otherwise it will clump. :)

    Kristina, Thanks for stopping by! Yes, it had to be done. Now it's over and I can enjoy the sunshine for the remainder (hopefully) of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete