Sunday, March 13, 2011

I have a quandry... and other stuff. :)

Yes, I have a dilemma.  A problem.  A quandry, as it were.  I have been working on losing weight since December 28, 2010.  I've done really well (losing over 15 pounds so far!!!) simply by making good choices and taking the dogs for a long walk at least once a day.  Now, the weight is ceasing to fall off.  I apparently need to, gasp, actually exercise.  I have Wii fit plus, which is great fun, but I feel as if I need more than this.  Last summer I bought some awesome running shoes that sadly have been run in very little.  They are practically new.  Honestly, I've only worn them maybe 10 times and used them for their intended purpose 2. 

As you know, I am now committed to upping my cute factor and am documenting it with my OOTDs.  I am up, dressed and have a photo taken every morning before my two youngest leave for the bus at 8:20.  And, as any girl knows, you look best fresh out of the shower, hair and makeup perfect and no wrinkles in anything yet.

Here is the problem:  I am NOT an early riser, by choice.  I feel better and lose more weight if I work out in the morning.  This is also when I do my pictures.  So, when do I work out?  In the morning BEFORE the picture so I can be showered, dressed and wrinkle free?  OR do I get up and dressed, let the kids take the pic, then workout after they leave, shower AGAIN and redress in my OOTD?  Decisions!!!  I knew exercise was evil.  This is just another example of how it's ruining my life. 

Not really.  I'm just frustrated and dramatic at the moment.  Ok.  Overly dramatic. Happy now? :)  But, really....how do I do this?  I need opinions from others who have BTDT. 

Now, onto the "other stuff" of my day.

This morning at church my dear friend Debra, who is moving, stopped by my seat and left a surprise.  THANKS again Debra.  I am currently wearing....my new apron!!  She read that I've been looking for a new one, saw this and voila!  I have a CUTE apron.  :)  I LOVE the big pockets and absolutely LOVE that it wraps around my hips so I don't get anything on my sides when I'm in the kitchen...or cleaning house.  Yes, I wear an apron to clean house.  Just call me Donna Reed.  I wear pearls too.  :)



Another great day of music at church.  At the 11:00 service I was so moved by Eddie Lawhorn singing "Bring The Rain" that I was in tears while playing.  Very touching.  My heart was so full and overflowing after having the Lord's Supper and then to have that song...  Wow.  Words escape me.  As you know by now, that's unusual.  :)  I think I can best express it by saying it was beyond human emotion. 

The afternoon has been quiet.  Hubby had to work today.  :(  The boys are all doing something.  No loud noises and not too quiet either, so all is well.  Yes, you still have to check on them when it's "too quiet" even when they are teens.  LOL  I've spent the afternoon working on tonight's BBQ (and especially the sauce) and playing on the computer.  Also spent a crazy amount of time trying to get a decent shot for my OOTD pic.  Although I LOVE this outfit, I couldn't find a cute way to model it where I didn't look like I weigh 20 pounds more than I really do!!!  Some outfits just aren't slimming in pictures.  This is one of them.  Which is weird because I think in person it is very flattering.  So strange....

Here is today's OOTD!!

                                                                  Sweater by B. Moss
Skirt by Michael Kors

Shoes by American Eagle
Necklace - same as yesterday.  :)

Here's close up on the shoes.  Love the bow. 
It's all about the little details.

And, an update on the house.  I decided to work on the dining room this week.  It is driving me INSANE with all the clutter. I don't know how to keep the clutter under control without either yelling at my family (which does no good.  I know.  I've tried it.) or continually cleaning (NOT at the top of my list of options) OR getting rid of everything we own (also not an option).  Guess I'm stuck with option 2.  This is how the area currently looks:

My plan is to remove the table cloth (check!!), remove the jacket(s) and REFUSE to let people store them there (I don't care if it's convenient.  Put them in your closet!!!).  The bookshelf to the left will be leaving.  Not sure where it's going yet, but it IS going somewhere.  The small table to the right is also leaving (again, don't know where).  And, will be moving two darker wood bookshelves into these spots.  I am going to ATTEMPT to keep the tops relatively clutter free.  Also planning to change the decorations....  I have some awesome plates I want to display so it's time to find the plate hangers and get them on the wall.  It will be so cute when I get it together.  It's just going to take time.... 

Coffee:  same as yesterday.  I'm so boring....  LOL

3 comments:

  1. That apron is perfect, and I am so proud of you upping your cute factor. And you don't look fat at all. :)
    But you do need to work out. I don't care when. So there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I can't speak from experience, I definitely would not shower twice, once before the OOTD and then again after working out. If it's possible, I would try to slip the workout in first, then shower and do the OOTD thing, even if that means getting the pic later in the day. Just my opinion, which I'm hardly ever afraid to give;-)
    I think today's OOTD did look slimming in the photo. Very cute. Cute apron too:-) WTG Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra... Yes, I know. :) I plan to start "tomorrow".

    Kara... I think that is the best plan too. Just wish I could get where I want to be without the evil "e". Hmmm....exercise, elliptical...both are evil "E" words. LOL

    ReplyDelete