Thursday, March 10, 2011

OOTD (x2),house stuff, food and a funny...

Whew...  What a long day it has been!  It all started with the alarm going off at 0500 for me to go pick up my hubby from his overnight watch standing duty.  We got home in time to tell the older boys "bye"and wake the younger two. Hubby went to sleep as I got ready for Bible Study.  Rushed and frustrated, I forgot to take my bag filled with paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins and decorative bowls for the creamer, sugars, etc.  I was not a happy camper when I arrived and church and realized it was still at home.  *sigh* However, Bible study was great!  I am learning so much about King David and in turn learning so much more about God. 

This is what I wore to Bible Study this morning:
Tunic by H&M
Trousers by Banana Republic
Shoes by Alfani (these are my red shoes that I love so much)


After Bible study, I came home and started laundry (it's a never ending chore) and began my house transformation by decluttering downstairs.  I didn't take before pictures because I simply couldn't bear to document the clutter.  Seriously, it was hard to see the wood due to all the stuff.  Here are the 2 areas I decluttered today.

This is a bookshelf my Dad built for my 13th birthday.  I have always loved books.  My hubby does too.  We have 6 bookshelves in our home and need more.  Seriously.  I know this doesn't look fabulous, but I am not finished.  These are the"before" pictures.  Now to figure out how to transform my living/dining/entry area on a budget...

This is the bookshelf in our entry at the bottom of our stairs.  Yes, the basket to the left is full of shoes.  Everyone pulls off their shoes the minute they come inside.  This was a somewhat neater way to keep the entry from becoming a danger zone.  I am determined to find a better/neater/cleaner/cuter way to store the shoes.  I know the bookshelf isn't the greatest either, but compared to how it looked 30 minutes prior to this picture being taken, it's a vast improvement!  This bookshelf may move into the dining room.
I didn't have to declutter my mantel.  But, I DID remove the Christmas Poinsettias (finally) and replace them with daisies...and I removed one vase and replaced it with my hubby's globe. Not certain this will stay the same either, but right now I am quite happy with it.  

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on comfort food:  Chicken and sausage gumbo with potato salad, rice and cornbread. Something about a rainy day...I want to either curl up with a good book and read, clean house or cook.  I did 2 out of 3 today. I really wanted to read too.  Maybe tomorrow.

After dinner, hubby and I abandoned the boys, um, er, I mean we went to Barnes and Noble to have a cup of coffee and chat.  Sometimes you need to leave the house to have a conversation.  This was one of those days.  Since it was STILL raining, I changed into this:
Same top but with French Connection jeans and Airwalk shoes. 
Comfy, cute and better for jumping puddles in the parking lot.  :)

 
That sums up my day.  I've had a variety of coffees.  You KNOW you want to know what I had to drink today.  At Bible study it was the basic coffee provided by the church with French Vanilla creamer.  At home, I've been drinking Gevalia German Chocolate Cake coffee with Coconut Cream creamer.  And, at Starbucks, I had brewed coffee with whipped cream.

Now, to share a funny from my family.  Today my cousin Lisa posted this as her status on Facebook.  It was so hysterical, I asked permission to share it with everyone.  You need to know that Evan is her son who is 10/11-ish and Dwight is her husband.  And, I quote:

"Evan, who is always hot, always wears short sleeves and has decided to give up wearing coats no matter the temp.  Tired of arguing about it we decided to let him suffer the consequences by paying the "stupid tax."  This morning in the car Evan, in his usual short sleeves, was shivering.  Dwight looked back and said, "Still paying the stupid tax, huh?" Evan, without missing a beat said, "Yep, but they raised it today!"

Is that hysterical or what??  :)  Gotta love kids and the things they say!!  Now, for a confession, I had something to share today from my eldest that was great too...and I can't remember what it is!!  What a time for "Mommy brain" to strike. 

4 comments:

  1. I love those Banana Republic trousers! They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki. They are really comfy and super cute. You can't see the detail, but they have a pink-ish pinstripe that is really adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had been at Bible study to see that great outfit in person and to fellowship with you awesome women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you were here too. I miss you so much in our study!!! K...that's it. Tell Jordan you are moving back. LOL

    ReplyDelete