Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Upcoming changes!!

Spring is in the air.  I know it is.  I wore capris today - with kitten heel sandals.  Thus, Spring is obviously on it's way.  No denying it. Not even if you tried.  So, take my advice, do not try.  Spring is coming.  Doth the lady protest too much?  Probably. I so desperately want to believe the weather is going to continue to get warmer every day with no more below 40 days/nights.  I know it's not logical to want to believe this as I live in VA, but.... *insert hopeless shrug here*

As I said, Spring is in the air, which means only one thing.  It's time for Spring Cleaning!  Wooo hooo  *insert copious sarcasm*  Okay, so I'm not exactly overjoyed with the idea of Spring Cleaning.  However, it truly needs to happen in my house this year.  With the possibility of an upcoming move at the end of June, we need to start weeding thru our belongings and discarding those we don't LOVE and possibly replacing items that are wornout but necessary. 

Which leads me to the upcoming changes.  I am in a redecorating mood.  Seriously.  I spent some time today at Borders (hubby's favorite local bookstore) drinking coffee (plain, boring Seattle's Best with fat free milk, a splash of half & half and splenda) and looking at decorating magazines.  Such CUTE ideas in there.  Things I can actually DO with some selective shopping and potential refurbishing. 

My plans include:
Changing out some decorative items in the kitchen and dining area.
Potentially rearranging my bedroom, adding storage and adding seating.
New dressers for a couple of the boys.
Potentially additional seating in the living room.
Potential rearranging in all the rooms.
Decluttering in a massive way - throwing away trash and donating the rest.
Possibly buying more bookshelves (replacing a couple and adding additional ones as we continue to purchase books).

I think that covers it.  As I clean, rearrange, declutter and add new items, I will take pictures and post those along with my OOTD.  :)  Stay tuned for the transformation of the Terry Household!

Time for OOTD pics.  I have a few to share today. 

Close up on the hair because I liked it today.
Also wanted to show my ear rings...but they kept turning the wrong way.  Oh well...

Hubby and I went to Cracker Barrell for breakfast today so we had to take an OOTD pic there.
It was too cool to take off my jacket.
See my purse?  It's a B2B.  If you know anything about it, tell me. 

This was taken on our deck this afternoon.
Our dog Sam had to get into the act.  He posed for the first picture.
Too bad the top of my head was cut off in that one.  LOL

Today I am wearing:
Sweater by H&M
Capris by Liz Golf
Kitten heel sandals by PayLess.


5 comments:

  1. Too cute Susan!! Love the new hair and have to say that color (the H&M sweater) looks AMAZING on you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blue sweater is stunning on you. I compliments your eyes beautifully. And I'm enjoying your transformation. Thank you for including me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is "Susan-blue". :) Can't wait to see the pics of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit :) Love the handbag too...don't know B2B but who cares if it's cute right? lol (some girls have a shoe thing, I have a handbag thing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kell. I have a thing for bags too. It takes me forever to find one I LOVE. When I do, it's mine. BTW, I love shoes too. :)

    ReplyDelete