Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Best laid plans.... Much shorter than yesterday's post. :)

I remember this from Senior English (thanks Mrs. Newton!!):

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray,
And leave us naught but grief and pain for promised joy.

What does this mean for me today?  Simply that I did NOT clean my room today as planned.  Nor did I exercise.  WHAT did I do, you ask.  Not much.  This time change has totally done me in.  I had to sleep today.  Thus, after dropping hubby at the bus stop this morning, I came home and went back to bed.  As in, back in jammies, under the covers, totally asleep.  I woke long enough to make sure the younger two were up, ready for school and that they walked the dogs.  Finally at 11:00 I woke up and decided to get out of bed. Considered exercise and changed my mind as I realized that not only was I still incredibly tired but I had a horrid headache (verging on migraine, but not quite).

Decided to accomplish something, so I got ready and left the house.  Not fun shopping, though.  Birthday presents for upcoming parties for the kids and a quick trip thru the grocery store.  Off to do the afternoon transport, home to fix dinner and off to church. After that, home to prepare for tomorrow morning's Bible study (did ALL the reading tonight) and now I'm finally, for the first time today, on the computer. 

Dinner tonight was simple.  Hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries. Actually pulled out the deep fryer to make the fries tonight.  The house still smells oily.  *sigh*  Candles are lit, but it's not helping much.  Will have to get the Lampes Berger going once the wick is ready.  Hope it doesn't take too long.

Coffee today was good.  Only ONE coffee today.  Starbucks.  Cafe Misto with fat free milk and sugar free vanilla syrup.  Venti.  Yum.  Should've stopped back in for a refill.  After all, I'm part of the Gold card club now with them.  YES!!!  I have 30 stars now in the reward program.  Go me.  My new card is on it's way according to today's email. 

OOTD time!!! 

Sweater by Croft & Barrow
Dress by Ronni Nicole
Shoes by Avon

Not pleased at how the dress looks in this photo.  A lot of the detail is lost.  But, it's almost midnight.  I am not taking another.  Next time I wear it, I promise Patrick will photograph me inside.  :) 


3 comments:

  1. You look cute and springy today:-) There's just one thing I think could make it even cuter: a belt worn around your natural waist or the narrowest part. I saw lots of adorable ones at Target today for some great prices:-)
    What is a cafe misto? I had a cocoa cappacino today which was yummy! Also have to say I don't blame you one bit for crawling back in bed this am:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was even thinking a small belt around the whole thing, cardi included. That would make your waist look even more small.
    I was wondering what a cafe misto was too. Jay ordered a big shipment of coffee from a roaster in Boise. It came last night, and we had a cup. Yum!

    ReplyDelete