Sunday, April 3, 2011

No April Foolin', I Had a Wonderful Weekend!

Happy April Everyone!  Here's hoping Friday didn't catch anyone off guard and you didn't hear the famous (or infamous) words "April Fools!"  I *almost* got taken in by an acquaintance who is pregnant and had an ultrasound Friday.  She did a Facebook announcement saying she was having twins.  I was *this close* to sending a huge congratulations, etc., and then remembered the day.  She later admitted it to be an April 1st joke...however, the baby is doing great.  No fooling.  (thought you'd wanna know that for sure)  :)

So, my weekend.  It was fabulous.  Just a small group of us (5 total, only 4 able to stay the entire weekend) went to the Outer Banks of NC to stay at a beach house and simply relax for the weekend.  It was amazing.  I haven't felt this relaxed and rejuvenated in a long time.  We simply did nothing all weekend other than talk, drink coffee, talk, eat, talk and sleep.  Maybe a little reading, more talking, movie watching and talking was thrown in, but not much.  A quick walk and then run (it was about to storm) on the beach was the ONLY exercise.  I wonder how many calories are burned by non-stop talking?  A friend said I looked slimmer today.  :)  Maybe it was the run on the beach.  Hmmmm.....  Did I mention we did a LOT of talking this weekend?  Ha ha ha ha ha

Here are some photos from our walk/run on the beach Saturday afternoon.  There was a storm coming and I got a couple shots of the sky that I really like showing the line as the storm blew in.












Although I had a wonderful time all weekend long, I have to admit to a couple of times that were extra special to me.  First was Friday night when we talked until almost 3:00 A.M.  The outpouring of love and concern was incredible.  Hearts were opened and deep emotions were shared. 

My second favorite time was the last part of the ride home.  Some very hard to hear words were said to me, but it was something I needed to hear.  It was just a couple of sentences, gently said, which helped me see I was having a pride issue I needed to get past.  It is being acted upon and I think will cause changes in the best way possible.  As I said then, I don't just want the better thing, I want the best which is God's best for my life. I know what His will is in this particular situation. Now I need to follow His leading in this matter.  First steps have been taken. More to follow daily.

Sorry, no OOTD pics from the weekend.  It was an extremely comfortable, casual time and not photo worthy from a fashion standpoint.  :)  Hey, we all need jeans and t-shirt days every now and then. 

Food:  Awesome.  Each of us prepared a meal for the group.  I made breakfast Saturday morning.  Simple, reasonably nutritious and easy.  The other ladies made awesome meals.  I'm thinking of asking for recipes as the meals were delicious. 

Coffee:  Provided by Debra.  Creamers:  Peppermint Mocha, Italian Sweet Cream, French Vanilla, half and half and organic half and half.  Lovely weekend.  :)

Writing update:  Not much actual writing...but I did have some great ideas for the adult books (at least a trilogy, maybe 5 books - one for each main character) and worked on developing basics for each main character.  All has been written down.  Nothing further on the children's book, although I took everything along. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a wonderful time! Wish I could have been there, but had to celebrate my baby gir's first birthday, as you know. I'm really glad you girls got to go and enjoy each other's company. Friendship--one of God's greatest gifts:-)

    ReplyDelete