Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beautiful Spring Day!

What a lovely day in Virginia Beach!  The weather was simply beautiful.  If I had ordered a day, this would be it.  Sunshine, blue skies, warm temperatures, birds chirping, flowers blooming.  Glorious, simply glorious! 

We spent a few hours on the deck enjoying nature and our incredible view.  Here it is so you can enjoy it too. :)

Isn't that lovely?  This view is why we live here. 
Hubby and I grew up in the country.  Sitting outside and enjoying nature (birds, squirrels, etc) with this view, gives us the feeling we are in a lake house out in the country far away from the city, when in reality,
 we are right in the middle of it! 


Today I did the unthinkable.  I applied for a job.  Now the waiting begins.  Really praying they call me soon for an interview.  Otherwise, I will be applying for other jobs.  I will update as things happen. 

Today's OOTDs:  First was for hanging around the house.  Second (minus the jacket, it was too hot) was what I wore to apply for the job and later  with the jacket to orchestra practice. 
Top by Allison Brittney
Capris by New York & Co
Flip flops by Montego Bay for Payless

Jacket by Alfred Dunner
Top by Allison Brittney
Slacks by Sonoma
Shoes from Payless


Coffee:  Gevalia Signature Blend with Italian Sweet Cream.  Yum!! 
Food:  Ynot Pizza (cashola night for the middle school)  Pizza from here is not my favorite... 'Nuff said.
Writing:  This is it for today.
Exercise:  Took a couple of long walks with the doggies.

Shopping:  Did NOT find the overalls for Daniel, but DID find suspenders.  Hopefully this will work.  Will continue looking for the rest of the week in an attempt to find what he wants/needs.  DID find a Van Heusen dress shirt for Justin to wear for Palm Sunday services.  Super excited that he liked it!  Now to find a dark purple for Matthew to wear for Easter.  His request.  :)   Must find a tie to go with it...  HELP!!  LOL

3 comments:

  1. Well I would have hired you on the spot based soley on how put together and professional you looked!
    Thanks so much for sharing that "glorious" (great word) view with us! One of the things I appreciate most about my little hometown of Tangier Island, is the magnificent nature views all around. I don't blame you one bit for wanting this out your back door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! Praying with you about the job situation. I know it is big for you.
    I love your view too. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kara and Debra. Keep praying on the job situation. Desperately need the prayers. This is not going well. Not yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete