Friday, April 8, 2011

Is it Really Friday?

Yesterday was a good day.  But, I missed a huge chunk of it by sleeping.  A lot.  The morning started out with Bible Study.  It was the last day of studying David. Met hubby for lunch at DW's Mongolian Grill.  Yum!  When I left, an elderly gentleman who was leaving the fast food restaurant next door said to me:  "Young lady, is that place any good?"  I said "Yes!  I really like it."  He nodded his head and said "Then I'll try it next time."  Word of mouth is a GREAT way to advertise.  :)  Later, I drove my eldest to his Air Force DEP call.  (DEP = Delayed Entry Program) He goes to the recruiting office one Thursday a month.   Anyway, I started feeling bad while waiting for him and by the time I got home, I felt awful.  Took off my very cute OOTD, put on my jammies and crawled in bed.  I fell asleep 15 minutes later and slept till almost 9:30 this morning:  approximately 16 hours!!  I woke up long enough  this morning for my hubby to say he would drive the kids to school.  Thank you sweetheart. :)

So, my very cute OOTD for Thursday?  Here it is:

Dress by H&M
Purse by ???  No clue, it's a knockoff....
Shoes by Alfani

Today has been relatively quiet and filled with "Mom stuff".  Laundry, vacuuming, general pick up, a friend came over for coffee and a chat, picked up kid from school (2 back to back study blocks and nothing to study, so he came home to clean) and a trip to the grocery store.  Older teens have a friend over for the night (hence the cleaning), so I cooked a lot and gave them money to eat again at church for the Guys Game Night. Where do they put all this food?  I'm convinced teenage boys have hollow legs. 

The news is on non-stop at my house as we monitor the current fiasco that is our government being unable to pass a REASONABLE budget.  Come on, the rest of America has to balance our income and spending.  Why can't the government?  Not to mention, I'm highly upset they are talking about not paying stateside military members, yet expecting them to report to work.  Ummm...hello?  How about THEY show up to do what they were elected to do WITHOUT pay until this is fixed.  I am not happy about the way they are playing with people's lives and livelihoods.  And, it's not just about the fact that MY husband won't get paid next Friday if this isn't solved.  It's about other families I know who need the money more than we do.  It's about the fact that our military literally puts their lives on the line, day in and out for very little pay...and they are talking about NOT paying them at all??  Who is the IDIOT who thought of that idea?  Seriously?!?!?  Someone has no clue.  Pay the people who are protecting the nation.  It just makes sense.  I'm sure there are other  federal employees who deserve to continue doing their job and being paid.  But, there are a lot of places federal money (that's MY money and YOUR money folks!!) is being used that are just ridiculous and wrong.  

Stepping off my soap box before my blood pressure goes too high and I have a stroke.  After all, if this budget doesn't pass, TriCare won't be able to pay for my healthcare benefits at a local hospital and I will not want to go to the local Naval Hospital where they are being forced to work for no pay.  KWIM?

Next topic.  I have decided to look for a job.  Several reasons.  Main one being I want to help out right now as we are transitioning from military life to civilian life.  I would like to pay off our credit cards and van.  And, then I'd like to bank my paycheck for extra $$ for fun trips this summer. Needless to say, I'm not looking for a career, I'm looking for a job.  Something I can do for 30-40 hours a week and come home to my family.  I like being able to leave the office at the office.   'Nuff said about that.

What does one wear on a cool day when it's rainy off and on and one doesn't feel the best?  This, of course:
Sweater by Croft & Barrow (like you didn't know that already)
Top by George for Wal-Mart
Jeans by Lee Rider
Shoes by Airwalk for Payless


 Yes, it's the Mom Uniform, but still cute and comfy.  Hopefully soon, the MU can lose the sweater and sneakers and I can wear my cute flip flops instead.  :)

Coffee:  LOTS of it today.  First pot (shared with a good friend) was Gevalia German Chocolate Cake and Coconut Cream creamer.  Yum.  After dinner, I brewed a half pot of Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle and am mixing it with Italian Sweet Cream creamer.  More yum!!! 

Food:  Made "Ann's Dirty Rice" from AllRecipes.com. It tastes like a stuffed pepper without the hassle.  We also like it because, for a change, it's a stuffed pepper-ish recipe that doesn't include tomatoes.  We love them, but it's a nice change.  The boys certainly enjoyed it as they emptied the bowl.  Makes a Mom's heart happy. Served it with corn and home made biscuits with my Mom's Blackberry Apple jelly.  Soooo delish!!

Writing and Exercise:  None.  Sorry...no excuses....

4 comments:

  1. Amen cousin, why don't those elected government officials cut off their own pay??? This is the same reason they have a separate medical plan and not Obamacare that they have slated for everyone else. I wish we could fire them all!! That should be an option, they are supposed to be working for us after all. I say fire them all and keep firing until we get people in office who actually care about us AFTER they win the election!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't get me started on their so called healthcare agenda.... Not pretty. We won't even discuss how I feel about the elected officials. So not happy with most of them - even if they did pass something last night... it was just a small step in the right direction. Will be interested to see what happens for the new fiscal year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing they passed that budget for the rest of FY 2011 before I saw this or this post would have been lots longer:-))
    Your Thursday outfit was nothing short of elegant chic! Love it!!
    I'm intrigued by your job search...keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kara. I love that dress too. It's going to be in the regular rotation, for sure. :) Understand about the budget comment. If the budget hadn't passed, Saturday's post would've been extremely political in nature. Will keep you updated on the search. I will say, I'm not looking for a career I just want a job. KWIM?

    ReplyDelete