Saturday, April 9, 2011

What a crazy weekend...

The weekend started out great.  The boys had a friend over to spend Friday night.  They went to church to Guys Game Night and had a great time.  Came home, played video games and talked half the night. I got up this morning, fixed breakfast (which disappeared in 5 minutes) and relaxed for a while.  After lunch, we dropped off the extra teen at his home, did a little shopping and came home to prepare for the eldest's girlfriend to come over for dinner and a movie.  Less than 2 hours before she is supposed to arrive, my son gets a call saying she can't come.  The reason?  They ran into each other at the mall about a month ago (she was shopping with her aunt) and spoke for about 2 minutes.  3 maximum.  She didn't tell her mother about it.  Neither did her aunt.  Now her Mom is livid and has forbid them to see each other.  I'm confused and upset because my son is hurt and unhappy. I know I'm only hearing half the story...but this truly makes no sense.  If they weren't going to let her come over, then why say yes initially and at the last minute say NO.  I can get over it easier than my son.  Poor fellow.  He doesn't know what to say or do right now about the whole situation.  We've counselled him to NOT sneak around to see her as doing so will only cause more problems with her parents. Beyond that, we don't really know what to tell him as this has totally baffled us.  *sigh*

OOTD:


Sweater:  Croft & Barrow
Belt: no brand, thrifted
Top:  Essentials by Milano
Skirt:  Old Navy
Boots:  9 West


  At least I looked cute for the day that went wrong.  Hopefully next time, if there is a next time, it will work out differently.  We can only pray it will.  However, the evening wasn't a total loss.  I posted on FaceBook about drinking coffee and watching My Fair Lady.  A friend, Debra, saw it and came over to watch part of it with me.  :) 

Coffee:  This morning was a half and half mixture of Le Procope and Signature Blend.  This is what happens when I don't have enough to make a full pot of just one with peppermint mocha creamer.  This evening I was in a New Orleans kind of mood so made a half pot of Trader Joe's chicory coffee to make cafe au lait to sip while watching My Fair Lady.  Delish.  :)

Food:  Homemade lasagna made with lots of veggies hidden inside. I put in spinach, mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, onions, garlic, yellow squash and extra tomatoes.  Served it with french bread spread with butter and sprinkled with italian seasonings, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and italian blend cheese and then broiled till lightly brown.  It was a feast.  :)

Writing & exercise:  None of the former and only a short walk with the dogs for the latter.  It's one of those days....   

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, you have entered the teen dating world, buckle up cousin, it can get ugly out there. My best advice is to just smile and don't say anything negative. Now, if only I would learn to follow my own advice...

    Though in my defense, you know what wackos Alex brings home. I'll have a lot to fill you in on this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...not looking forward to those days I have to say.
    On a positive note I love your layering and the cute belt...okay, I HAVE to get out there and get thrifting if only to find belts!!

    ReplyDelete