Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two-fer Thursday

Did you miss me?  I was so tired last night I went to sleep early for a change.  Not a busy day and no reason to be exhausted.  Apparently I needed the sleep.  I feel so refreshed today.  Maybe it's stress.  We will see once the stress is over.  Funny how you don't really realize how things affect you until you are past it. 

Spent some time with a great friend yesterday morning, having coffee and talking.  Spent the afternoon running errands and then with hubby chatting on our deck. The evening was spent at church, first playing keyboards and then playing with babies in the nursery. I volunteer one Wednesday night a month in the nursery.  That's enough of a baby fix for me.  :)

Here is yesterday's OOTD:
Jacket by  Alfred Dunner
Top by August Silk
Jeans by Lee Rider
Shoes by American Eagle for Payless

Today was a usual Thursday.  In other words, BUSY.  :)  The morning started with Bible Study.  Difficult topic, great food, awesome girls.  After the study, I headed to lunch for hubby's "Going Away Lunch".  *sigh*  It gets more and more real each day.  He's really getting out of the military.  Can I scream "NO!!!!!" right now?  It's happening too quickly...  After that it's just been the usual afternoon of picking up kids from school, making dinner and watching American Idol. 

American Idol. Yes, I admit it, I'm hopelessly addicted.  What's unusual this year is that I don't have a favorite.  I like several of the contestants...and dislike others. What a diverse group.  I think that's my favorite part of it this year.  There are some real artists and some really weak performers.  My personal opinion.  Just waiting to see if American got it right this week...  Have my doubts...but we shall see.  ***UPDATE***  America got it right.  He was okay, but needed to go.  Of all the contestants, Paul was the weakest.  Good job America.

Here is my OOTD.  I really like what I put together today.  And, yes, I am wearing my jacket AGAIN.  I told you it would be making several appearances this week.  I don't lie.  :) Chances are good you will see it again tomorrow.

Jacket byAlfred Dunner
Top by Croft and Gable
Skirt by Isaac Mizrahi for Target
Shoes by Predictions (no idea where I bought them)

This was an action shot this morning (seriously) as we were leaving home.  For a change, we got the OOTD photo in ONE take.  Incredible.  Must be the lighting.  Sunlight is always best.  :)

Coffee:  7-11 with lots of creamer.  The ONLY way to drink it (IMHO).  Church coffee - again with lots of creamer.  At home, Gevalia Traditional Roast with a variety of creamers.  And, speaking of creamer, I bought a new one today from International Delights.  It's their Breve Creme vanilla caramel cream.  I like it.  Not a must have in the refrigerator at all times (like coconut cream, peppermint mocha and Italian sweet cream) but it's good and I will buy it again. 

Food:  Made a new recipe tonight from Allrecipes.com called "Chicken Souiza Cornbread Bake."  It was good.  After reading the reviews, I made a few alterations.  This recipe will be added to my binder to make again.  My alterations:  a whole can of diced chilis, added cream of chicken soup and reduced the sour cream to 1/2 cup-ish, added 2-3 oz of pepperjack cheese to the cornbread base, stirred about 4 oz of mexican blend cheese into the chicken mixture instead of topping the casserole with it, added a touch of onion and cumin to the chicken mixture  AND finally, used a small can of cream corn vs a big can.  Will make it again, minus the mushrooms....and making guacamole and salsa to serve with chips alongside. 

1 comment:

  1. Um, I just discovered italian sweet cream creamer my last bottle of cream. I'll never buy anything else again! (Ok, that may be a slight exaggeration...but I seriously love it!)

    ReplyDelete