Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Sunday...

It's a bright beautiful day!  The sun is shining.  The birds are tweeting.  And, I bought a new bluejean jacket today - on clearance, at that!  OK.... shopping doesn't necessarily make it a great day, but it doesn't hurt.  Here is my new jacket.  It will be making an appearance in my OOTDs this week.  Promise.  :)


The jacket feels GREAT when you put it on.  Light denim.  Machine wash cold/tumble dry.  YIPPEE! I seriously despise dry clean only.  3/4 length sleeves make it fabulous for cool spring days or when going places that are have crazy cold AC blasting. Wasn't quite sure about the butterfly embellishment, but quickly made 10 outfits with it at home. I bought a size 8, which is fitted but not tight.  All in all, I really like it.  BEST part: mall price  $66.  My purchase price:  $20.  Love that. 

Here is today's OOTD.  BTW, my MIL gave me this dress.  Pretty, isn't it? 


Dress by Sandra Darren
Shoes by Alfani

Music at church this morning was incredible.  Sometimes I get so lost in the music I actually get lost and have to quickly find my place so I can continue to play.  This morning was one of those days.  Not admitting how many times that happened, but it was more than once.  Our guest speaker....words fail me...and you know that doesn't happen very often.  Anyway, he gets to the point with his messages.  There were a few times I needed steel toed boots on instead of my very cute peep toe pumps.  But, it was a message the entire church needed to hear.  God has blessed us indeed with our visiting speakers as we await His choice for our Senior Pastor.

The afternoon was fun.  We left church in one vehicle and headed to base so the eldest could go to the movies with his girlfriend (her Dad knew, not sure about the Mom) while the rest of us went to the NEX to have lunch.  The plan was to kill time after the boys haircuts. (They look so handsome.)  Instead, we found clearance sales.  Hubby came home with a pair of Dockers and 5 shirts....and my denim jacket.  All in all, it was a good shopping day. 

Speaking of  haircuts for the boys....  I turned the camera on my official photographer today.  Didn't get a "Before" picture, but here is his "After" shot. 

Isn't he darling??

After we got home, the above pictured offspring "remembered" he needed a new binder.  So, off  to Wal-Mart.  Bought the binder. Hubby found some things he needed and I bought two more colors of nail polish.  Have I mentioned it was a good shopping day? *insert huge grin here*  I HAD to have the nail polish though.  Just seemed prudent to buy a nice pink for my hands and an AWESOME deep red for my toes.  You know, just in case I have an interview this week.  Or next. 

Coffee:  Morning cup from 7-11 (thanks again Trina!!!!) and then church coffee.  Tonight I veered from my norm and made a pot of Kona Chocolate Macadamia Nut coffee.  Drinking it with Italian Sweet Cream and Belgian Chocolate Toffee creamers.  I prefer it with the Italian Sweet Cream. 

Food:  Didn't cook today.  Leftover BBQ.  Yum.




3 comments:

  1. Susan, sounds like you had a nice day with your family. Your sons haircut is cute. I love the jacket, what a great deal, I can't seem to find them.I don't know how you drink so much coffee in one day, I would have the jitters all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy!! I guess I'm accustomed to the amount of coffee because it rarely bothers me. I only get jittery if I drink too much without having anything to eat. BTW, I don't always find deals like that. Just got lucky today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so handsome, and love the haircut! Congrats on a great shopping day...what a great feeling:-)))
    I love the color of your cardi. Is that honeysuckle, which is all the rage these days?
    Can't wait to see the new polishes;-)

    ReplyDelete