Friday, April 15, 2011

Extreme Couponing or Not, THAT is the Question...

It's official.  The boys are out of school for the next weekend, week and weekend.  That's a lot of days to spend together.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can get out and about to Busch Gardens (before our passes expire and I don't renew them) and maybe even the beach.  Who knows what else we may do....like go shopping or to the library.  Those places make ME happy.  Why not teenage boys?  Hahahahaha!

Have I mentioned I love shopping?  Have I also mentioned I LOVE a good deal?  :)  If not, consider yourself informed of both of those facts. 

This has made me think about how I use coupons.  They have been a part of my grocery shopping for years.  However,  I've recently noticed more people talking about "really getting into couponing." I know there is a tv show about Extreme Couponing (haven't watched it yet, but plan to do so).  My sister in law and several of her in-laws are couponing.  I know people in Hampton Roads who are using them with great success also.  "So, why not me?" was the question I asked myself earlier today. 

Off to several stores and a bit of research later and I purchased a binder, some pages (trading card type and 3x5 photo type) along with dividers to organize my coupons according to aisles at the commissary.  I also have sections devoted to specific stores, like Food Lion, which have their own store coupons.  I have the circulars for this weeks sales so I'm ready to comparison shop and/or price match when I can.  I know I'm just getting started but I'm already exhausted...and a bit disgusted with how much money I spent simply setting up the system.  However, if my next shopping trip saves more money than usual, I will be all better again.  :)

How did I dress today for all this fun?  Notice it's dark outside the window and I look exhausted.  We didn't manage to take my photo until just before I started writing this tonight.  Yikes!
Jacket - again.  You know who it is.  :)
Dress - third or fourth appearance?  I love this dress!
Flops:  Montego Bay for Payless
Hmmm...didn't I wear the flops this week too? 
Repeats!! All repeats. 
Guess that means these items were worth the money.  :) 


Coffee:  Yes.  Please.  Or, maybe not.  I need to go to bed and to sleep soon.  However, I did drink an entire pot today of Gevalia Traditional Roast with Peppermint Mocha creamer.  It was just that kind of day. I need more creamer...  A grocery trip...and I have TWO coupons for creamer!!!  Woo hoo!! 

Food:  Pasta with homemade sauce and meatballs.  Also bought a mini french loaf, spread it with butter and sprinkled garlic powder, parmesan cheese and Italian blend cheese over it, then broiled it till lightly browned.  Yummy dinner.  :)

Not mentioning those other two items that I haven't done the past week. Didn't break the trend today either.  *sigh*  And, no word on the job situation yet.  Will start looking into other options next week.  *another sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit Susan:-)) Wish I could meet you in BG, but I don't think Ajuma would appreciate it;-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! And your blog.
    -Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! It's so moody with the blues, yet so springy with the print at the same time...it would be perfect for the weather we're having here in Indy right now! LOVE! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete