Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rainy days are not meant for skirts...

However, Monday night I planned what I wanted to wear today hoping the weather forecast was wrong.  Therefore, I wore a skirt today.  Was it the smartest thing I've ever done?  No.  But, at least I was cute.  :)  I've been waiting 3 weeks to wear this particular skirt and decided I was not going to let a little rain dictate my wardrobe choice.  Tomorrow will be a different story as I haven't chosen an outfit yet. 

What did I wear today?  Here it is!!  Two shots as the temps dropped during the day and necessitated a sweater. 

I know it's a bit dark for my outfit, but wasn't the view behind me pretty this morning?  :)

Benji wanted to get into the action and joined me for my afternoon photo.  Isn't he a cutie? 
Love my mini schnauzer.  :)
Sweater:  Croft & Barrow
Top:  Anne Klein
Skirt:  East 5th
Shoes:  American Eagle for Payless
Flip Flops in top pic:  Airwalk for Payless

Had lunch with hubby and shopped for a shadow box for his retirement from the Navy.  We didn't like the ones we saw at the Navy Exchange, so we will keep looking.  None were the right size to hold his memorabilia from the past 20 years. I must admit, it's like a punch in the gut sometimes when I think about him retiring...and other times it's really exciting to imagine where we may go and what we may do next.  Right now, I'm feeling sucker punched...  It will be better tomorrow, or the day after...  eventually.  Yes, eventually, it will be good.  :)

Tonight was church orchestra/choir practice.  My eldest son plays trumpet and I play keyboard.  We are currently preparing for our upcoming Holy Week/Easter services.  The music is incredible.  I can't wait for the concert on Good Friday.  The music is a bit ambitious (this means HARD!!!) but it's going to be above and beyond any program we've done the past 3+ years that I've been there.  Seriously looking forward to the entire week.  After all, it IS Easter week.  :)

Coffee:  Gevalia Traditional Roast.  Assorted creamers.

Food:  Dinner tonight was yummy.  Threw some chicken in the crockpot all day long, then shredded it and added fajita seasoning.  Sauteed some onion and peppers.   Made fresh salsa.  Fried flour tortillas.  Cheese, sour cream, etc.  YUM. 

Writing:  None.  Been busy.....  I know, not an excuse, but it's the best I've got. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear the music either!
    You looked cute, but I felt so terrible, I forgot to tell you...
    And the banana cream pie was YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT some of that BCP!! LOL
    Wish I was there for the Easter music too!!
    Love the blue on you by the way:-)

    ReplyDelete