Monday, April 25, 2011

Manic Monday? I think not!

Ahhhhh.....  I love a good day at the beach.  Especially if I walk away without a sunburn as I did today.  Thanks to my hubby who not only found the spf 60 sunscreen for me and insisted I wear it, but also kept our time on the beach to a reasonable 2 hours.  What  a great hubby.  :)  We went to one of our favorite breakfast spots on the boardwalk (which is no longer a favorite as they have gone to a buffet vs their menu) and then took a nice long walk on the beach.  After the beach, we hit a favorite coffee spot (Java Jut Coffee Joint) and then a bit of shopping (Topiaries) for the scent for my Lampes Berger. 

Some pics from the beach.  Wasn't it gorgeous today?? 




Hubby on beach.
The water was C.O.L.D.
This was also my OOTD.
Skirt by Merona.
Top by Rafaella.
Flops from Payless.

Came home to an important phone call. May will be an interesting month.  Hubby will be on a trip next week interviewing for a job.  The following week, he has a pre-op appointment and the week after that will have surgery for a lower abdominal hernia.  Then May 30th is his last day on Active Duty.  Wow...

I admit to being torn. A part of my heart truly wants to stay in Virginia Beach.  I've made some great friends here.  The kids have friends here.  Next year, Matthew is a high school senior.  We have our church and church family we dearly love.  I know now, FINALLY, where to shop.  I have come to love the area and the people.  It will be hard to leave.  My heart breaks a little just thinking of it.  Never mind how I will feel if it actually comes to moving.

Then, there is the anticipation of our next adventure.  What does God have in store for us?  Where is He leading us?  Is it back to TX, home in our hearts?  Is it to TN, my homestate and where the majority of my family is...and consequently another part of my heart? Or is it somewhere completely new we have never been before?  A new place to call home?  Truly, only God has the answers to these questions.  My prayer has been and will continue to be that we be shown God's will and that we stay in it as we make these decisions.  He knows the desires of our hearts.  He knows our needs.  He knows what we are going thru and He has good for us.  I just don't know the plan yet.  But I am trusting Him to care for us through it all.   

Coffee:  Plenty of it and more to come.  Have a pot brewing now to enjoy as I sit on the deck and watch the water drift by.

Food:  Left overs from Easter dinner.  Yum.

Writing...only this blog and some texts.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog so much!!!! Mine isn't half as good as yours, but I am learning!!!! You are right, God knows the desires of your heart and he is in control!! Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that! You and your family are in my daily thoughts and prayers! Lots of love from NW PA!! Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit for today! And I didn't get to see you yesterday, but you looked beautiful. I know you love blue, but I think lavender and purple are my fav on you. The music was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete