Friday, April 29, 2011

House Cleaning Therapy

That's right.  I rediscovered something I once knew, but forgot.  Cleaning house is good therapy.  If I NEED to think, I can mindlessly clean and work out problems in my mind.  And, if I need to NOT think about something I can put my whole focus into what I am doing and forget what's bothering me for a while.  Music helps too.  Because I have a lot on my mind right now and wanted a break from thinking, I threw myself into cleaning today.  This means two things.  #1, my kitchen and downstairs bathroom are clean and #2 I do not have an OOTD to share.  Trust me when I say I was not cute today.  :)  Not at all.

However, I can't blog and have no pictures.  I snapped this photo today while walking the dogs.  Spring is truly here. 
Okay, so it's not the best photo.... They are still really pretty flowers.
Maybe I'll get a better one tomorrow.  :)

Coffee:  Dunkin Donuts Original Blend.  First half of the pot was mixed with Trader Joe's Organic Half & Half.  Second half was mixed with flavored creamers....first cup was Southern Pecan and the rest was with Peppermint Mocha.  To borrow from another brand's slogan, it truly was good to the last drop.  :)

Food:  Reheated casserole from a Wednesday.  I think it was even better tonight.  :)

Writing and Exercise:  Nope.  Sorry. 

Job Search:  No calls again today.  Color me stressed.  Still clinging to Psalm 121...and many other verses. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about cleaning. There is just something so zen about the act of cleaning and so satisfying about how lovely my clean house feels.

    Just keep clinging to God's promises. You have to go through the valleys to appreciate the mountains. You know His plan will work for the best. And every day is one day closer to those plans coming to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I need to rediscover this concept Susan...thanks for reminding me. I'm going to give it a go, but I'm not sure if I should think or try not to?? LOL Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, Thanks for the kind words. You are right about the feeling you get from knowing everything is clean. Soooo wonderful.

    Kara... I don't know. Depends on what YOU need. Right now, thinking about certain topics is bad for me, therefore I clean, or read, or blog or play video games, or.....

    ReplyDelete