Saturday, April 23, 2011

Catching up from being MIA

Where to start.  I can't believe it's been over a week since I last blogged.  Life happened and I didn't have the time or energy to write about it.  So unlike me.  It's Spring Break for the kids.  Hubby is also off work.  I've been busy with kids, hubby, looking for a job and working on music for our special church services this week.  Church has been HUGE this week starting with Palm Sunday (GREAT service), orchestra/choir practice Tuesday night, another HUGE service on Wednesday night, orchestra/choir practice Thursday night and our Easter concert with Jason Gray on Good Friday night (AWESOME).  Today we had "off" but will be doing two more wonderful services tomorrow for Easter.  Looking forward to it.  The music will be fantastic and I know the services will be also.  No doubts about it.

This has been a difficult week at our house.  Heard from my mother that one of my first cousins died prior to Palm Sunday of unknown causes (as yet, autopsy being performed).  Also my sister's brother in law passed away following surgery around the same time.  Not a happy time for our family for sure. 

Then, our eldest son dropped a bombshell on us at the beginning of the week.  He's not sure WHAT he wants to do when he graduates.  Hoping its just growing pains and he figures it out soon.  But, right now, apparently going to college or joining the military aren't high on his list of what he wants to do. He will figure it out eventually...I hope. 

I've been busy looking for a job.  And have couple of good leads.  Hoping one comes thru soon as we could definitely use the wiggle room in our budget with hubby retiring from the Navy on May 31.  And, hubby's job search is on-going.  We've heard back from one of our favorite possibilities - and it's quite positive. Pray it happens for us.  Not talking about the particulars until it's certain.

And, it's Spring Break.  For a change, we really haven't done much of anything. We had planned to go to DC for a couple of days but with our committments at church, we changed our plans.  Wonderfully so. The services have been incredible.  However, it would've been nice to leave town for a couple of days.  Hoping we can make it to Busch Gardens soon for a day of fun.  Maybe next weekend.  Maybe....

Sorry I didn't have more OOTDs from the past week.  But between helping friends move (forgot to mention that earlier) and the kids being home and going nowhere all week, my dressing has been EXTREMELY casual and boring. 

Coffee....LOTS has been consumed.
Food....LOTS has been cooked, but nothing of note.
Writing and exercise...NONE.  *sigh*  Well, with the exception of walking the dogs.
 

3 comments:

  1. I felt like I was missing an entire week without you. That is why I facebooked you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Debra!! Glad to have you back Susan:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had such a tough week. Losing two family members so close together has to be hard.

    I will admit I giggled a little at your eldest son not knowing what to do after graduation. Only because I remember when Katy told us that a friend was going to take a year off and go "bum around" Europe before college and she wanted to do the same thing. Then I reminded her that, unlike her friend who had those plans, Katy's dad is not the president of a bank. I told her to go ahead as long as she was financing it herself. Needless to say, she was at UTSA when classes started in the fall.

    We also attended some amazing Holy Week services. It's good to remember the real reason for Easter.

    ReplyDelete