Sunday, May 1, 2011

Welcome May!

It has been said if you repeat something often enough you will begin to believe it.  So, I'm welcoming May as if I've longed for and pleasantly dreamed about its arrival for the longest time.  We all know this isn't true, but I'm pretending today.  Putting on my happy face and faking it till I can make it.  I've long believed I look much better smiling than crying, so why not smile.

The BEST part of our weekend?  We cared for a friends 13 month old daughter.  What a fun time.  It's been a while since we've had a baby - especially overnight - in the house.  And, we rarely babysit a little girl, so this was a special weekend indeed.  She is such a cutie and super sweet.  Oh my, was she ever a good little girl.  Only one fit - this morning when we HAD to put her in the playpen as everyone was getting ready for church.  Took her 30 seconds to realize we really were leaving her in there as we got ready. She calmed down and started playing with her toys.  Putting her down for a nap and bed was equally easy.  In fact, I don't think my boys were this easy, if memory serves me properly.  Maybe it's the difference between boys and girls.  Yes, that MUST be it.  :)  BTW, the boys were enamored with her.  They now want a baby sister.  Ummm.... No.  We will simply continue to have friends with babies.  That's a much better plan.  

BTW, why didn't I get the memorandum to wear steel toed boots to church instead of my adorable flats?  Wow...what a sermon.  It was spot on for what is happening in my life right now.  The topic?  Worry.  The kicker?  That it is a SIN.  Pure and simple.  We are told by Jesus himself 3 times in one short passage (Matthew 6: 25-34) not to worry.  I have been failing miserably.  I have been worried over the whole retirement, job situation, potential move (or not), etc.  My stomach has been in knots.  I've run the gamut of not eating to non stop eating.  I've slept almost round the clock and then I've not been able to sleep.  One extreme to the other and all because of worry. 

This begs the question:  What will I DO about my worry problem?  First of all, I'm confessing it - to God first (he already knew, but I told him anyway, that's why it's called "confession") and then to everyone who reads this (like it was a surprise, HA!).  Next, I'm making notecards to read and meditate upon when I begin to  worry.  I haven't made them yet, but I know there are several verses which speak to how I'm feeling and how to redirect my thoughts where they belong.  And, finally, I'm asking everyone to pray for me (and hubby).  Pray for God's will for our lives and that our hearts will be peaceful and our minds calm.  Pray for us to make wise choices. 

Time to shift gears.  OOTD time!!

Top by Emma James
Skirt by Michael Kors
Shoes by Avon
Picture by Patrick 
Don't you like our parking lot?  LOL 

Coffee:  Yes!  This morning was Gevalia Royal Vinter coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer. It was fabulous. Then church coffee with lots of creamer and sweetener.  Tonight, I made Gevalia Hazelnut coffee....and for some reason, I am NOT enjoying it.  Not sure if I wasn't in the mood for Hazelnut, if the creamer is going bad or if it was the mint cream Oreo I ate before I drank it. Simply put, tonight's coffee is not making me smile.  I've had a half cup and the other half will be going down the drain.  :*(  It's a sad day indeed when I am unable to enjoy my coffee!

Food:  Many huge thanks to Sherry from the beach weekend with the girls.  I've pirated her recipe for crockpot shredded chicken fajitas and put a bit of my own twist on it.  The boys LOVE it. Hubby and I LOVE it.  We barely have enough chicken remaining to make a small taco for lunch tomorrow.  Wonder who the lucky one will be that gets it?  :)

No updates on anything else because the only thing I can say is "NONE".  Oh well...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your OOTD and your attitude for that fact! I know I get hit in the gut about worry also now and then when I hear a sermon like that. Was it Beth Moore that said, If you're worrying, you're not trusting God? I'm sure many have said it. It is hard though when we live in this world and get so weighed down by it at times.
    Praying for you!!
    Ajuma is 13 months today, and is such fun...I know you enjoyed having your friend's baby over! By the way, I know how you can get the boys a little sister that doesn't involve pregnancy...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Emma James blouse. That's been one of my favorite labels ever since I had to buy them in a size 26, and I still love it in a size 12.

    Someone once told me that no one has ever changed a single thing by worrying. I try to remember that when I find myself weighed down with worry. The other thing I have learned to do is ... count my blessings. I have so much more than I ever expected and it's good to remember that.

    ReplyDelete