Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's Monday Again....

Monday.  The dawn of a new week.  A new start.  Everything is fresh and new.  Why is it we tend to like to begin projects (or diets) on Monday??  Weird, isn't it?  However, it's too much for me to think about this late on Monday night...or rather, this early on Tuesday morning.  Since I'm writing about my Monday, I'm sticking with my title.  :)

Where to start about today?  First, I must give a nod to world events.  By now, everyone has heard Osama Bin Laden was found, resisted "arrest" and was shot and killed.  One less terrorist in the world.  Good job Seals!  Many thanks for all you do.

Went to breakfast with hubby this morning and in honor of my scale being UP two pounds from last night's quick peek...I had carbs. Lots of them. I am not proud of myself for this.  Rather, I'm a bit disgusted.  Must be why I continued my carb fest the rest of the day.  *sigh* Biscuits, gravy, butter, jelly, hash brown casserole, coffee with cream and bacon.  All told, it was one complete biscuit with a spoon of gravy on each side, half a biscuit with a smear of butter and grape jelly, less than half the casserole (hubby ate the rest) and 3 pieces of bacon....but still!!!  Not the way I needed to start my day/week off right.  I'm 4 pounds above where I NEED to be and still 9 pounds above my goal.  I am going to lose this weight.  Period.  End of story. 

Hubby left today for TX.  He's interviewing for a position out there.  Praying, trusting and kicking the worry monster to the curb, repeatedly.  Hubby's plane landed and he's currently driving the last leg of his journey.  Until I get the call that he's in the hotel, I won't be able to sleep.  Let's hope he gets there soon.  I'm not sleepy.  I just want to know he's there and safe.

My good news for the day.  I finally got called for an interview!!  It's scheduled Thursday afternoon.  Praying it goes well and I can start work ASAP.  Granted it's for a part time position, but that's what I want/need right now.  Say a prayer for me that I get it - or something - soon. 

I have lots of pictures today.  Some are of flowers in our complex.  I love nature photos.  These were taken with my cell phone, so the quality isn't that great, but it gives you an idea.  And, Patrick and I were having fun with the OOTD pics so I decided to post a few of his paparrazi shots.  Hope you enjoy!!


Aren't those pretty?
Wish you could smell the roses.  Ahhhhh....heavenly.

Leaving the house.  Don't you love this expression?  ROFL!!!
Wait till I put everything away, would ya?? 
Is it too much to ask that I be READY for the pic??  LOL
Finally.  Ready for my photo...
Top by elementz
Cardi by Croft and Barrow
Jeans:  Lifestyle Attitude by Larry Levine
Shoes by American Eagle for Payless
Purse from Payless 3 years ago.  LOVE the detailing on it. 

Coffee:  Cracker Barrell coffee this morning.  2 cups.  It was good.  This evening, brewed a half pot of Gevalia Royal Vinter.  Yum. 

Food:  You know what I had for breakfast.  Lunch didn't happen, not really.  Dinner was sketchy at best....we did "find your own" and I don't remember finding anything but Trader Joes Honey Wheat pretzels and TJ's Jalapeno Pub Cheese.  Oh, yes, now I remember, I had some Tyson frozen chicken tenders.  I think 2 of them.  Healthy eating, huh? 

Nada on the other stuff, you know, writing and exercise. Although I did take the dogs for a nice walk this morning.  That counts.  I was up and moving.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Love your dark jeans Susan and the top and cardi too. You look so put together:-)
    I love the paparazzi photos too--the one of you putting things away is very paparazzi! LOL
    Can't wait to hear good news for you and your hubby;-)

    ReplyDelete