Monday, May 9, 2011

I Survived!

My first day of work was pretty good.  I think the most challenging part of it will be finding something to stay busy when we are slow.  And, if today was any indication....well, I'm going to have the cleanest coffee bar on the planet because we clean during lulls.  Seriously, we had 8 or 9 customers all morning.  It was so slow we closed early.  Something I hope I don't have to do often.  The other challenging part will be the end of day reports and deposit.  It's not hard, though.  Just important to get right as it's dealing with the money.  Hoping that my training days on Wednesday and Friday are busier so I can become really familiar with how to do everything before being left on my own.

Not much else to say...unless I want to complain about how early I had to get up this morning.  I am so not a morning person.  Getting up at 4:15 was not easy.  Thankfully, I remember to pre-set the coffee pot last night and I awoke to freshly brewed coffee.  Ahhhhh, that was wonderful.  Got home and changed into some comfy clothes for cleaning house and working on our storage closet.  Napped at one point and just did my usual Mom stuff.

OOTD:  This is my uniform - minus the apron (only because they haven't issued one to me yet).  Not really OOTD worthy, but I thought it would be fun to include it.  Just because.  :)




Not very exciting, is it??  LOL 

Coffee:  Not nearly enough.

Food:  Made a new recipe tonight.  We are trying to use the things we already have in our freezer and pantry.  So, I went to my favorite recipe site - All Recipes.com - and typed in the main ingredients I wanted to use.  One of the results, and more importantly, the one I picked to make, was called Taco Quiche.  Of course, I read the reviews and tweaked the recipe a bit.  It was delicious.  Everyone ate with little to no complaining.  Yippee!!
Check it out. 

I am sleepy and literally falling asleep as I type.  Thus, it is time to publish this post and go to bed.  Goodnight!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go on having that First Day down! You'll have to post a pic of you in your apron when you get one:-)

    ReplyDelete