Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Is it Wednesday? How did that happen?

I'm not sure what happened to yesterday.  It was here and then it wasn't.  Not really sure what happened yesterday....other than sitting on the deck with my hubby, drinking coffee and talking.  Lots and lots of talking.  Making plans.  Making lists.  Making ourselves crazy discussing what to do if things change.  Etc.  This was our view yesterday:
High tide.  Nice, huh?  I love how green it is. 

So, since I don't remember much from yesterday due to sleep deprivation, I will move onto today.  This morning started off at work.  I really enjoy my job.  Still in training but doing okay as they left me alone to work for about 45 minutes.  Friday, I will do everything while my trainer oversees.  Sort of nervous, yet excited, about it. 

Honesty time! While I love my job, the uniform is not something I enjoy wearing several times a week.  By the time I get home, I feel like "frump girl"..... Yesterday I was frumpy all day in faded khaki capris and a basic t-shirt.  Today, however, I had to up the style with this after work:

This was a perfect outfit for this afternoon and evening.  I cleaned so much yesterday that today I only needed to do laundry.  After dinner, we went to Patrick's Band Concert.  They did a great job.  I almost fell asleep during the breaks as the students were transitioning for their performances.  To try to stay awake, I spent lots of time playing with my phone on Facebook. 

FUNNY of the day:  We have two small dogs (under 20 lbs each) who think they are monster dogs who can take down any other dog in our complex. After work I took them for a walk.  My neighbor was outside with her husky, Diesel, who is still a puppy and is sweet as can be and loves to play.  He hears us and bounds over ready to "play with the little doggies next door."  You could practically see that on his face.  Sam, our 15 year old mixed breed, took Diesel bounding over as a challenge and ATTACKED, growling, snarling, and going for the neck.  Diesel apparently thought Sam was playing because he kept coming back.  Every time he came over, Sam charged and attacked.  Benji barked.  Senselessly.  Never moved.  After Diesel's Mom got him back to their house, we went for our walk.  Sam was strutting, ears perked forward, and had an attitude that said, "Yes, I just took down a husky.  Mess with me and I'll take you down too."  Here's a photo of them. 
See the smile on Sam's face??  LOL

Sam will never be the same again.  Not sure I will either.  I haven't laughed so much in a long time.  Telling my hubby about it was funny too.  You had to be there...trust me, it was hysterical.  :)

Coffee:  Sega Freda coffee at work.  It is a really good Italian coffee.  Highly recommend it.  Wondering where I can purchase it for home.  Then, at home, I brewed a pot of Gevalia Signature Blend and drank it with Southern Pecan Creamer.  Yummy.

Food:  Left over casseroles from the past two nights.  Will be cooking tomorrow.  My family is happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment