Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Great Untitled Blog

Do you ever have trouble deciding what to title your blog post?  I do.  Frequently.  Most days I write first and then pull the main feeling or subject for the title.  Other days I feel whimsical and title it off the top of my head.  Today is one of those "having trouble days".  I wonder what the title will be.... 

Today is another one of those "I'm not sure why I blog" days also.  Honestly, I have nothing to say of any real consequence.  Yet, I take up enormous amounts of web space saying nothing in particular.  Is this my own particular brand of vanity?  Thinking people want to know what I wear, what coffee I drank and what we had for dinner, my work schedule, etc.  I try to tell myself this is a form of open journaling and one day the boys will enjoy reading about what we did when they were younger.  But, will this blog be around then?  Wouldn't I do better to write it on paper somewhere if I truly want them to have it?

So many deep thoughts and questions.  This is what happens when I am sleep deprived.  Not pretty seeing into my thoughts, huh? 

Worked this morning.  Desperately need a nap.  Hubby is recovering nicely from his surgery. He is napping lots too.  Kids are all well.  Benji (mini schnauzer) has had some tummy difficulties this past week and has been basically living on the deck as we didn't want any accidents in the house.  Apparently it was the change in his dog food.  Things are getting back to normal for him. Thank goodness. 

See....truly nothing noteworthy at my house today.  Oh, wait. I will have hubby snap a photo of me so I can add an OOTD for a change.  :)

Maxi dress by Merona
Tank by ???  Seriously, the info has faded away.  I think I got it at Wal-Mart forever ago.
No shoes as I'm relaxing at home this afternoon. :)

Coffee today:  Gevalia Signature Blend with Peppermint Mocha creamer.  Will brew more coffee later.  Can't decide which blend yet.  Am seriously considering the chicory coffee to make a cafe au lait as it reminds me of New Orleans.  However, after working at the coffee shop and using the espresso machine, I want one now...not for the espresso, but to steam and foam the milk. Sad, huh?  Maybe that will be my Christmas present...  Hint, hint.  :)

Food:  Nothing yet.  Had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for lunch.  Dinner will be pasta with sauce and garlic bread.  IF I get inspired I might make some sort of veggie to go with it.  Chances are very good that I will not do that tonight.  Just too tired.  Did I mention needing a nap??

2 comments:

  1. You matter to me, and I enjoy reading your posts.
    Missed seeing you this morning. Hope you get some needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you, but I blog for myself. Not because I have anything of note to say, but because sometimes I need an outlet for saying some things. And, I would miss you if you stopped.

    ReplyDelete