Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Week :)

TGIF....  I wonder if this trend will continue thru the years with my family.  Probably not, but a Mom can dream.  How wonderful to celebrate being a Mom the Friday following Mother's Day.  Especially when it's an unexpected celebration!  Wondering what happened?  Let me briefly tell you the story.

My youngest son decided to do something special this year.  He was very sneaky about it too.  He found out my ring size and asked his Dad to order a ring for me from C28.  It's a very pretty silver ring with a curved design with Isaiah 41:101 engraved on it.  He looked for one with a verse from Psalm 121 (my favorite) but they didn't have one.  And, as he said the Isaiah verse seems to be the perfect verse for our family right now.  (He's right.) Anyway, thru a comedy of errors, he arranged with our neighbors to have it shipped there so I wouldn't open it by accident.  Then, it didn't get delivered on schedule.  The post office "lost" it for a while.  Our neighbor made several trips and phone calls to the post office to get it to no avail.  Then, finally, today it arrived in their mailbox!  As they have been super involved over the past 2 weeks with this Mother's Day Surprise Plot, they were invited over for the grand presentation of the ring to me.  I was surprised and very pleased.  It's a lovely ring and one I will enjoy wearing for years to come. 

Today was another work day for me and my final day of training.  I feel fairly comfortable with the job now.  I'm still a bit nervous about the closing procedures and making sure I get everything done "just right".  However, after 2-3 more times, it will be fine. 

Not much else going on. 

Coffee report:  Had some yummy Gevalia Signature Blend coffee this morning with protein powder before work and then a cup of coffee with Coconut creamer on the way to work.  Tonight I had Dunkin Donuts coffee with a taste of Christmas, in other words, Peppermint Mocha creamer.  Yum!  (Btw, must credit my friend Debra for the creamer description.)

Food:  Gyros and fries.  Yummy!!!  Nothing left over.  Must cook again tomorrow.  It will be something simple. 

Enjoy your weekend.  I will be cleaning.  However, I am determined to enjoy myself no matter what.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Susan I followed your Blog.... Find ajob in Jacksonville ad we can kick it agound all the time again!

    ReplyDelete