Thursday, May 19, 2011

Is it the weekend yet???

What a couple of days! Yesterday hubby had day surgery for a hernia repair. We were at the hospital all day.  Apparently something happened and his scheduled 10:00 am surgery was pushed back to noon and  he didn't come to the floor until almost 2:00.  His recovery was rough as he doesn't do well with medication of any kind.  It took what seemed like forever for him to wake up. His blood pressure was elevated. He was dizzy, nauseated and couldn't move without feeling VERY sick.....  He finally got to come home about 7:00 pm.  I was worried he would have to stay overnight.

While I was with him at the hospital, a great friend (THANKS AGAIN DANA!!!) went above and beyond and took my two eldest to their NJROTC Awards Ceremony.  Thankfully!!!  They both received awards.  I am so proud of them!!!!!  She also brought them home as I was getting hubby settled in for the night. 

There were some really funny moments at the hospital, but as telling them would embarrass hubby, I will be kind and just say he made me laugh hysterically several times while coming out of the anesthesia.  The sweetest part was the way he would tell me how much he loved me and appreciated all I was doing.  And, with his eyes closed he would hold out his hand for me to hold while he slept.  When I would ask if he needed anything his answer was always "just you to be here with me."  Now, how incredibly sweet is THAT??  :)  I have a keeper for sure.  :)

Today I had to work.  Up late last night, didn't sleep well, and then up early this morning.  We got SLAMMED at work.  Seriously.  We served 48 orders in 1.5 hours.  It was crazy busy....but it was lots of fun too.  I really enjoy my job, if you haven't noticed.  People and coffee.  Two of my favorite things!!!  :)

The afternoon was spent napping, cooking dinner, and talking with one of my neighbors who has the prettiest husky.  We had lots of fun watching him run around while we chatted.  He's such a sweetie and very lovable.  My furbabies were not happy with me when they discovered I had cheated on them with the neighbors dog.  LOL

Another Thursday missing Bible Study.  *sad face*  I really miss the ladies and learning.  It makes me sad when I can't be there.  Hopefully next Thursday I will be off work and can attend.  I'm not counting on it though as they asked me to add Sunday to my schedule this week.  Apparently they are expecting a full house this weekend and want me there if they have another run on the coffee shop.  :)  Yeah me!  :)

No photos today.  I did snap a few in the full length mirror at the hospital yesterday, but they were out of focus and today I didn't remember to take one.  Sorry!!!  I promise that I AM keeping up with my style.  No frumpy fashion.  Promise!! 

Coffee:  Dunkin Donuts this morning, Gevalia Signature Blend this evening.  Good stuff.  :)

Food:  Breakfast for dinner!  Pancakes and bacon.  I love having breakfast for dinner.  Yum.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment