Sunday, May 8, 2011

It Begins Tomorrow...

That's right.  My new job begins tomorrow.  Why do I suddenly feel sick?  Oh, yes...first day of school, um, er, job jitters.  Ask me what time I have to be there.  Come on.  Ask me.  Dare ya.  Ready?  Really ready for the answer?  Okay, here it is:  0530 or 5:30 A.M. for you non-military types.  I am tired just thinking about getting up early enough to be at work by that time.  Thankfully, my coffee maker has an "auto on" function and will have my coffee ready for me the moment I awaken.

The past few days have been a bit busy.  Friday was relatively quiet.  The two eldest sons went to a friends house for the night and to go play air soft wars all day Saturday.  (Matthew now has a lovely sunburn. Oops!)  The two youngest went with me to the airport Friday night.  We circled the airport...and circled....and circled...and circled....  It was crazy.  Anyway, he finally arrived - with presents for everyone.  :)

Saturday was spent doing a lot of talking and planning.  You know, the "if this, then that" kind of planning.  Working out a list of what needs to be done when, etc. My brain was about to explode afterwards.  Did a little grocery shopping, picking up necessities.  Nothing exciting.

Sunday, I got to do something special.  At 930 I went to the student worship for the beginning as my youngest was playing the drums for their praise and worship time.  He did a really good job.  I was so proud of him!  Then I slid into my usual spot behind the keyboard for the remainder of "big church" praise and worship time.  After church, we headed home for lunch and Mother's Day Presents.  I love jewelry.  New ear rings!! :)  Very cute ones too. 

The afternoon was spent in a family "information meeting" on the "if this/then that" decisions from yesterday.  They all seemed to understand what is going on and what may or may not happen over the next few weeks/months.  Then, I went shopping!  Oh, wait.  It wasn't "fun" shopping.  It was shopping for ugly black utilitarian shoes to wear for work tomorrow.  But, I did take a peek at the CUTE shoes.  And, held to my resolve of "no unnecessary expenditures" and walked away...after trying on a few pair of super cute ones, that is.  :)

OOTDS:  Saturday I wore this:
I was in a silly mood.  What can I say?  :)
Still, it was cute, right?

And, this is what I wore today:
Benji decided to get into the action with me. 
Silly puppy loves to have his picture taken.  Usually in extreme close ups.  LOL

Coffee:  Yes, lots. Friday I had a pot of Gevalia Signature Blend with a variety of creamer flavors. Saturday I had a pot of HEB's Texas Pecan coffee with Trader Joe's Organic Half & Half.  Silly hubby didn't pay attention and brought home decaf.  Ouch.  No wonder I had a headache last night and this morning.  After a cup of hot tea this morning, I felt better.  Today I've had a cup of hot Irish Breakfast Tea this morning and a cup of church coffee with lots of cream and sweetener.  Planning to brew a half pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee soon to enjoy. 

Food:  Nothing special.  Seriously.  Made some yummy sandwiches for lunch today.  Dinner was "find your own" which means I had tuna salad with crackers. Not sure about everyone else.  However, I've noticed lots of activity in the kitchen, which means they are eating something.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Congradulations on your new job. Wow 5:30 will come very quickly, at least it is only part-time. I hope you enjoy it, I really enjoyed your pics, I do a lot of silly ones myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it must be a very early time when I noticed your very early post time tonight:-)
    Early bedtime right?
    You will do GREAT!! Can't wait to hear about the first day!

    ReplyDelete