Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Been Monday All Day Long....

Have I mentioned I am NOT a morning person?  Getting up at 4:15 to be at work by 5:30....  Words fail me.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my job. Good news!!  I managed to get thru the closing routine today with minimal distress.  Especially when I realized my register was not short $1.00.  I simply forgot to add the dimes when I counted the register.  Once I added them, all was fine.  :) 
Obviously, I worked this morning.  It was slow, but the customers were chatty which made it fun. This week's schedule has me working today, tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday.  Wednesday will be spent with hubby at the hospital as he has a hernia repair surgery.  Friday I will probably clean house.

After work, I did do something fun.  I went to the library!  Returned 3 books, rechecked 1 and checked out 3 new ones.  Reading a new author this time around.  I checked the Troublesome Creek series by Jan Watson.  Hope I enjoy them.  Otherwise I will be back in the library soon.  Actually, with only 4 books, I will be back at the library soon anyway.  Unless I'm too busy or tired to read much over the next week or so, that is. 

Honesty time. I am Stressed Out and reading my Mother's Day ring a LOT right now.  "Fear not, for I am with you - Jesus"  Just a few more days until we have answers on hubby's job situation, his surgery will be over and he'll be recovering.  Hopefully, we can begin to make definite plans for our future.  Living in Limbo Land for the past year has been difficult.  I'm ready to move on.... 

Coffee:  Kona White Chocolate Macadamia Nut coffee this morning - preset and brewed when I woke.  Ahhhhhhh.....  Great way to start the day.  Sad that it was the last of the bag.  Not sure what I will preset for tomorrow.  Maybe the Dunkin Donuts coffee.  We'll see...

Food:  Made Ann's Dirty Rice from AllRecipes.com.  Quite a yummy dish. It tastes like a stuffed pepper without all the hassle.  It's a slightly different as it doesn't have tomatoes or cheese.  We love it so much there are NO leftovers for tomorrow.  Love it when that happens.  :)

*Edited to add....  I can't believe I forgot to add the best part of day was when I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 2 pounds!!!!  Woo hoo!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Susan you did not post outfit of the day, was it your work uniform? If you are like me after work what I wear is the least of my worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, I did change into a cute OOTD, but neglected to have a photo done when the kids got home from school. It's the vintage blue print dress I've worn several times. Very cute, comfy and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Susan.I stared to drink coffee in the morning and if i get addicted its all your fault!!!!!All these journals making me want coffee. I have not adventured out on the flavor creams yet but been drinking Starbucks with regular coffee breakfast blend.. I still love you though!!!


    Cathie AKA your best Navy wife friend LOL

    ReplyDelete