Friday, May 20, 2011

Ramblings on Friday Evening...

So, it's Friday.  The beginning of the weekend.  A time of happiness and joy.  However, for me this weekend means work.  Work at Holiday Inn and work at home.  Busy, busy.  That's me. So much to do and so little time in which to do it. 

Today I did what was absolutely necessary.  Hubby had a doctor's appointment this morning.  Then we came home and made lists of things to be done.  He fell asleep and I watched tv hoping to nap.  The boys came home from school.  Dinner was made.  I finished "Troublesome Creek" by Jan Watson.  And, now I'm blogging.  So much needed to be accomplished.  Very little was completed.  Oh well...

Tomorrow morning, dark and early, I will arise to pour coffee for strangers and bring smiles to their faces. I hope in my own small way I am making a difference in their day. 

OH...GREAT moments at work this week.  One lady told me I reminded her of Nicole Kidman!  Another older lady said I look like "someone in the stories from a long time ago."  Not sure exactly WHO from the soap operas from years back...but I'll take it.  :)  Can't argue with being compared to a famous actress and a soap star.

Book/author review:  Jan Watson's "Troublesome Creek" was a good read.  Well written.  Not what I usually read, but still enjoyable.  I will definitely read the next two books in the series.  I'm looking forward to finding out what happens to Copper/Laura Grace.  I'm sure from the plot twists and turns in the first book it will be exciting and unusual. 

Coffee:  Hospital coffee bar this morning.  Delicious latte with sugar free caramel syrup.  This afternoon was a half pot of Gevalia Signature blend with Peppermint Mocha creamer. 

Food:  Chicken and rice, green beans (canned by my Mom from her garden in Tennessee) and homemade biscuits.  Yummy.  Nothing left over.  My boys love country cooking.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your new job is keeping you so busy! I've been so surprised lately (I am every single year) at how early it gets light out in the morning...I was up with Ajuma at 5:30 this am and it was already dawn! Soooo, if you are getting up and in to work and it's still dark out, I can only imagine how early you are getting up!
    I hope you are enjoying it though, and I KNOW you are bringing a sweet smile to those people along with their coffee and touching their lives in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara... I do really enjoy my job. I awaken at 4:00 and leave home at 5:00 to be there at 5:30. The sky is JUST beginning to lighten as I get there. It's fun to watch the day begin. Everything is fresh and new and the possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete