Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grillin' on the Grounds!

Today was a fun day at church!  Started off with getting to go in late for our sound check before service.  We had only 1 service today so the place was FULL and it was awesome to see.  The guest speaker had a good message about "Who is my neighbor?"  aka, the Good Samaritan.  The music was fantastic today and a LOT of fun to play.  The food afterwards was yummy.  Love grilled dogs and burgers.  YUM!  Cotton Candy.  Ahhhhhhh....  Yes, I am a kid inside when it comes to cotton candy and snow cones. :) Fun was had by all who attended.  Smiles were everywhere...until the rain came.  Thankfully, it was around 3:00 and time to go home anyway.  :)

This is what I wore today:  aka, my OOTD. 

Taken this morning before church.
Top by George
Capris by Larry Levine
Shoes by American Eagle for Payless
Photo credit goes to Patrick, my official photographer. 

Me...Chillin at Grillin on the Grounds.
I *almost* fell asleep several times. 
Fill my tummy with good food and Dr. Pepper and I'm ready for a nap.  :)
Photo credit goes to my friend Susanne Nichols.


The rest of the afternoon was spent enjoying the view on our deck, drinking coffee and talking.  What a nice day.  Called my parents this evening and had a long chat.  We took a walk down memory lane. I love old stories.  So much fun to hear about my parents when they were growing up...and stories about when my brother, sister and I were young. 

Work tomorrow morning.  Must go to bed soon so I can get up and function in the morning.  I'm excited and nervous as this week I will be on my own.  No more trainer.  The part that has me most nervous is closing.  Once I manage it on my own a couple more times, I think it will be okay. Just need to figure out my routine for accomplishing everything and all will be fine. 

Coffee:  Gevalia Signature Blend this morning (set the timer so it was ready when I got up.  I love that feature!!) and this afternoon I brewed a pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee.  Delish!!

Food:  Homemade pizza.  Yummy!!!  Found a recipe online for pizza crust.  Turned out fabulous!  The kids gave it their seal of approval, so I will be making it again.  Definitely. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad I missed the last one while I was there...
    I got to meet Peggy today!!!

    ReplyDelete