Thursday, May 26, 2011

Did You Notice??

My son Daniel made chocolate chip cookies tonight.  Yummy.  They go perfectly with my after dinner coffee, which is helping me stay awake until time for bed. Lately it seems I have two things on my mind:  coffee and sleep.  If I'm not sleeping, I'm drinking coffee so I don't sleep.  Crazy, huh? 

Work is keeping me busy.  I am up at 4:00 am, work till almost noon and then come home to take care of whatever needs to be done here....staying up too late for "me" time when everyone else is in bed....And, not being able to sleep late on my days off because people keep waking me.  This schedule is starting to take a toll. 

I really like my job. It's amazing how much fun it is. The only things I knew when I started working were #1 I love coffee and #2 I like talking to people.  Perfect.

Until now.  I tendered my resignation on Tuesday as we are moving to TX in June/July.  Thus, it was necessary to let them know.  I also wanted to give them a chance to advertise the position, interview and train someone before I leave. I'm sad to leave, but looking forward to the new challenges ahead for my family. 

BTW, did you get that?  Yes, I made the BIG announcement.  We are moving to the Waco, TX area where hubby has been hired to teach NJROTC at one of the high schools there. Preparing for the move, doing the end of year school stuff and getting ready for the eldest to graduate from high school PLUS a new job has been crazy.  Due to my schedule, I've missed the past 2-3 Thursday morning Bible Studies, which mean soooo much to me.  I even missed church Sunday as they needed me to work.  Hoping that doesn't happen again.  I do NOT like missing Sunday services. 

Anyway, the packers are scheduled for June 20th, which is the same day hubby and 3 of the boys leave for Grandparents in AL and TN.  Justin and I will stay here for the pack out, move out and subsequent cleaning before we leave for AL/TN also.  Depending on when I get everything accomplished and arrive in TN/AL, I may be going with hubby to TX to find a house.  Or, I may follow him a few days later.  It all hinges on how quickly we are able to complete our "To Do List". 

Until then, I will be working, working at home preparing for the move, and spending as much time as possible with my VA friends.  As much as I didn't want to move here and determined to merely bide my time until we could leave, I have come to truly love VA, my friends here and my church.  It is going to be as hard to leave here as it was to leave Corpus Christi 4 years ago. 

No OOTD.  Dressed cute after work in khaki Liz Golf Capris and a purple Pendleton short sleeved sweater with flops. 

Coffee:  Dunkin Donuts this morning before work.  Gevalia Signature Blend after dinner tonight with chocolate chip cookies  I need more of both. 

Food:  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and biscuits.  Not well balanced color wise on the plate, but it certainly was yummy.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on making that decision!! I know it has been on your mind for sometime now!! I will be saying lots of prayers for you!! I'm glad we are on facebook together!! Lots of love and hugs to you!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed, and I am so excited!!! I can't wait to plan a Texas weekend with you! Missed you so in Bible Study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! You're coming back to Texas, but not very close to your Corpus Christi friends. But you should be able to make some of those fabulous parties that they have in the DFW area. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're coming back to Texas! Save travels until we meet again!

    ReplyDelete