Monday, January 13, 2014

Cheesy Breakfast Biscuit Bake

Weekends are family time at our house. 

Weekend mornings are "Big Breakfast" days.  This past weekend, I had a Writer's Workshop to attend, so the family was on their own.  I made up for it Sunday.  Hash browns, grated with love by me cheddar cheese, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and biscuits.  Coffee, milk, juice, and water rounded out the menu. 

It was a sight to behold everyone digging in and enjoying their meal.  It made this Mom's heart happy.  The only thing left uneaten was bacon.

Bacon? 

Left over?  *insert a huge gasp from the universe here*

Say it isn't so!!

Oh, but it was so.  I did it on purpose. 

Why?

So I could make what I call Cheesy Breakfast Biscuit Bake for breakfast this morning.  I put it together the night before, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight and bake the next morning.  You could make it the day you bake it, but it takes longer and the egg doesn't have a chance to soak into the biscuits. 

The beauty of this dish is that you can customize it to your families taste very easily.  I have tried it several different ways, with a variety of cheese, sausage only, bacon only, sausage and bacon, different spices, more eggs, less eggs...  And, the recipe I am going to share today is what we all agree we like best. 

Please feel free to take it and play around with it, tweaking it to what your family prefers.

 
CHEESY BREAKFAST BISCUIT BAKE
 
 
1 can biscuits, 5 count
8 slices bacon, crispy

4 oz cheese, grated
1 Tbsp half and half
3 whole eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste

Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray.

Fry bacon, drain.  Crumble.

Cut biscuits into quarters and toss with bacon and cheese.  Pour into casserole dish and arrange evenly.

Beat eggs with half and half, salt and pepper then pour over the biscuit mixture.  Refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, remove from refrigerator, uncover and bake at 425 until done.  It took about 30 minutes for my oven. 

Biscuits should be brown on the outside, cheese should be melted and eggs should be set, not runny or liquid.  Cut into 4 equal pieces and enjoy!

In the spirit of giving credit where credit is due, I found a recipe on Pinterest that I modified to fit my family.  Here is the link to the original recipe.  http://picky-palate.com/2011/02/28/easy-cheesy-bacon-biscuit-pull-aparts/



No comments:

Post a Comment