Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Great Bed Debate

My friend Debra posed a question on Facebook yesterday and received an amazing response. 

Her question:  Do you make your bed daily?

Yes?  No?  Only before getting in at night?  Only when you change the sheets?


I lost count of how many people answered.  But, many added details like when they made it, if they required their children to make them, etc. 

Are you curious about my answer? 

You are?

Well, here it is:

Me. Every. Single. Day. And, since the boys have to leave so early for school, I make theirs too. There was a time when I drove myself crazy insisting they do it before school. Then, I drove myself crazier by not insisting they do it and NOT doing it myself. Finally, I started doing it myself since I was the one who wanted it done. This is ONLY during school. During breaks, they are required to do it or keep their doors closed.

For the sake of honesty, I admit I drive them to school because the bus arrives at the bus stop at 6:40 and at school at 7:30.  It is a 10 minute drive to school if ALL the lights are red.  Seriously.  We live two miles from the school. 

I am not a morning person.  Neither are they.  We sleep as late as we possibly can, getting up in time for me to make breakfast while they get ready for school.  They eat and brush their teeth before we jet out the door, getting them to school at 7:30. 

Your turn!!  Is it important to you to make your bed daily?  When?  Why?

When?  For me, in the mornings.  Mine is made as soon as hubby and I are both out of bed. I make the boys when I get home from dropping them at school.  **edited:  I usually make mine before leaving the house, but if I don't, it is one of the first things I do when I get home.  Whew, I feel better admitting that.

Why is it important to me?  The rooms look better.  I can leave the doors open.  I dearly love having all the bedroom doors open.  Plus, I sleep better in a made bed.  Added bonus, the house feels cleaner and that makes me feel better. 

Comments Please!!  Tell me what you do at your house and why.  I am curious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment