Friday, January 17, 2014

But, first....

This blog is being interrupted for an important announcement!!

But, first, let me tell you about my day.

It started off rather unusually.  I woke up at 5:24.  AM!!  I never do that.  I thought about getting up.  For about 2 seconds.  Then I went back to sleep.

The alarm sounded....and I hit the snooze.  Only once. 

Got up, got the kids up, made breakfast...and kept getting sidetracked.

I will do this, but, first I need to do that.

It has been a day of "but, firsts" all day long.

In just the past thirty minutes I have been sidetracked numerous times. 

It all started when I brought today's laundry to my room, which is across the hall from my office.  I took the laundry into my room, placed it on top of my dresser along with my phone and my water bottle. 

Obviously, I was planning to stay in there and put away my laundry.  But, seeing my phone reminded me of something I promised someone I would do.  I would put away the laundry....

But, first, I would go to the office and get on the computer. 

I stayed on task for the 30 seconds it took to do the favor then decided I should check my e-mail.

But, first, I would take a quick look at my friend's status updates for the afternoon, just in case something had happened that I needed to know about.

But, first, I needed to check Twitter.  I have notifications pending.  Must read notifications!  That done, I remembered I needed to check e-mail,

But, first, I have a private message to respond to.

Respond.  Chat a bit. 

Laundry.  Must put away laundry.  Go back into my bedroom.

But, first,  I need to use the bathroom.  Sorry if that's TMI. 

But, first, I should pick up this dime and put it in the change jar so I don't vacuum it up tomorrow.

But, first, I am thirsty.  Take a drink, pick up dime, toss it in jar, use the bathroom.  Wash hands.  Very important!!  Put away laundry - finally.

Now, it is time to work on writing my blog for Friday morning.

But, first, I need to look at Facebook again.  I forgot to check both my pages.  I need to update my status. 

But, first,

I am glad to announce I have finally managed to do everything....except check my mail.  I will do that in just a minute. 

BUT, FIRST,

I have to ask.  Have you ever had a day like that where you kept getting side tracked?  How do YOU stay on task? 

Oh, yes, The Announcement.  For those who are not following me on Facebook or Twitter, I will be blogging on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only - unless something super special happens that Can. Not. Wait.  Weekends are family time and Tuesday and Thursday are "reading/writing/researching" time. 

Have a great weekend!  See you Monday.

But, first,....

Gotcha.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment