Friday, September 30, 2011

Going MIA.... for the weekend. :)

Hello All!!

You read it right.  I am going to Dallas this weekend with a friend from my Virginia Beach days.  We will be doing SIX things (she only listed five).  1.  Shopping (Anthropologie, of course, because it's awesome) 2.  Eating (because ya gotta and because it's YUMMY) 3. Sleeping  (again, because ya gotta, not to mention I love sleep) 4.  Thrifting (because we love bargains) 5.  Going to a Cowboys game!!!!!  (because we WANNA) and 6.  Drinking LOTS of Coffee (because we LOVE TO!!!)  :)  Debra left off the coffee....maybe she was including it as part of eating...  *shrug* 

If you can't tell, I am super duper excited to get out of town this weekend sans kids - both her and mine - for a girls weekend. At my house they are planning "Man Cave" time.  That's their phrase, not mine. My hope is to return to a semi-clean house.  This means dishes clean, laundry waiting in baskets and not too much stuff cluttering the living room.  :) Oh, and not too many pizza boxes.  I am leaving food cooking in the crock pot and plenty of other supplies in the pantry and freezer.

So, my plan for tomorrow is to get up bright and early and begin baking.  It's Day 10 for my Amish Friendship Bread which means baking day.  I am making Lemon Muffins.  Hopefully they will be ready for the boys breakfast.  But that means getting up really early....  Maybe they would be better as an after school snack.  :)  Once they are off to school, I will finish packing, quickly clean house and get dinner started in the crock and head South to Lorena.  I MUST buy some coffee at the Texas Cheese House for the weekend. While in Lorena, I plan to shop and drink plenty coffee before heading North on 35 to Dallas for a weekend of FUN and FRIENDSHIP!!! 

I don't plan to BUY a lot this weekend, but I do plan to SHOP a lot.  I'm looking for personal style inspiration at the Anthro stores that I will attempt to duplicate elsewhere this Fall.  However, I've been snooping the sales on their site and may bring a couple of items home.  :) While there I will compile a wishlist of favorites to wait for second cuts.  There will be pictures of the ones I like.  Look for them next week.  :) 

Have a wonderful weekend and watch the Cowboys game Sunday afternoon.  Maybe you'll see me!!  :)  I can't believe I'm getting to go to a Cowboys game.  Dream come true!!!  Seriously.  Even though I'm now a Colts fan, the Cowboys are my second favorite. This Southern girl loves football.  I fully expect to lose my voice at the game screaming instructions from my seat....  Maybe it will work better in person.  They don't seem to hear me when I yell at the tv.....  

This was today's project....
I FINALLY have books in a bookshelf!!  It took two hours to find the ones I wanted - only had to go through about 15 boxes.  I've rearranged the remaining boxes in the garage so you can actually walk through there without fearing for your life.  Okay, it wasn't that bad, but close! 

This is going to be my project next week:



Cute, isn't it?  I will be sanding and refinishing it next week.  It's solid wood and totally adorable.  Someone decided to paint it black and attempt distressing it... NOT a good idea and not well done either. However, that's soon to be a thing of the past.  I can't wait to see the natural wood gleaming as I bring it back to life.  Ahhhhhh....  It is sitting here as a trial run to see how it will fit with the rest of the room.  It's going to be perfect.  :)

Today's work was done under the inspiration of coffee:  To be precise, Gevalia German Chocolate Cake with coconut cream flavored creamer.  Oh my, but it was delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and Debra!! I will be looking for you in the stands on TV tomorrow!!! Love that bookcase! Can't wait to see what inspiration you come back with from Dallas....

    ReplyDelete