Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday, Lovely Sunday!

Today is Sunday.  A day of bright, beautiful, blue skies and cooler temperatures.  Never thought mid 90s would be so.....comfortable?  Yes, comfortable.  Amazing how your perspective changes when the temps have been triple digits for weeks on end.  Here's looking forward to autumn!  :)

We attended another new church today.  I think we may have finally found "the one".  We loved the music and the message.  Checked out their tables in the foyer and found several different discipleship classes taught at a variety of times.  Talked with a couple different people there getting information about the church.  The kids liked what they saw and heard.  So, Wednesday, if nothing comes comes up, we will attend their mid week worship.  Assuming that goes well, we will be there early for Sunday School next week.  And, if that goes as well as we anticipate, we will have found our new home church.  I'm so happy.

I know what you are thinking.  What did I wear to church today?  This:

A LBD by H&M - love it!!
Luscious shoes by Alfani
Purse by 9 West

This afternoon was awesome.  We got a phone call from Justin!!  It was so fabulous to hear his voice.  Seems like it has been even longer than a week since we last spoke with him.  How I miss that son of mine.  He sounds homesick, but strong, and said it's very stressful.  I'm sure it is.  However, I know he will do well.  It was nice to hear  he "should've listened and gone to college." Yes, we parents DO know what we are talking about!!  I know that the day is coming - probably around the end of October at graduation - when he will be so glad of everything he went through....and he will forget ever saying the above.

Today I started a new project.  My plan is to write at least an hour per day.  Let's see if I can stick with it.  I did today and am very pleased with my progress.  Hubby read the beginning and said it was good.  Of course, that's his standard comment.  No complaints there!  However, I do need a reader who will give constructive criticism as needed.  I take it too personally when it comes from hubby. 

Coffee today has been lovely cups of Kona with a sprinkling of sweetener and plenty of cream.  Yum!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!  Be safe - no matter what you do!





1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you may have found a church home. Love your pics, your hair grows so fast. How did the football game go? I am glad you have your allergies under control. Who would have thought 90 degrees would bring a smile to your face, but I so can relate. I really enjoy reading your blogs, they are very enjoyable,and I like reading about others everyday life so I can see the differences, and improve mine.

    ReplyDelete