Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Day Indeed!

Most days are good days for me.  Well, except when I'm having one of those pity party days like I did recently.  But, all in all, it's a fair statement to say that, for me, most days are good days.  Well, today is a Happy Day Indeed.  When I checked the mail today there were TWO, count them - ONE, TWO - letters from Justin, our eldest son who is currently going through Air Force Basic Military Training (BMT).

Ahhhhhhh....  *BIG, HUGE, HAPPY Mommy sigh*......  It's so wonderful to hear from him.  To hold something he has held recently and to read the words of his heart as he shares with us his ups and downs from the first couple of weeks away from home.  He didn't hold back either, which we appreciated.  Even though it was hard to read how difficult this time is for him, it was also uplifting to see a few sentences down the page that he's making friends and certain things aren't "as bad as he thought it would be."  We miss him so much.  But, we are proud of him and the man he is and the man he is becoming.

So far, that's the highlight of my day.  It's going to take something exceptional to top getting two letters from Justin today.  Just thought I would share my heart on it for a bit.

I made cookies today for the boys after school treat.  They were so happy to come home to freshly baked cookies.  Yet again, I received the Mommy of the Year award from the boys as I made two kinds of cookies so everyone got a "favorite".  For Matthew I made Old Fashioned Southern Tea Cakes.  For those of you who went to Elementary school with me, these were the cookies my Mom always made for our class parties and decorated.  I didn't do that today as I chose the easy way and made drop cookies.  Much faster but still YUMMY!  For Daniel I made Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies.  Patrick loves both, so he was happy too.  However, his choice of snack today was tortilla chips with peach mango salsa. :)

Coffee:  Yes, plenty.  A mix of Kona and Sam's Choice (was at the bottom of the bag of Kona, thus supplementing with the other).  It was actually very tasty.  Varied the creamers today between Italian Sweet Cream and Peppermint Mocha.  Couldn't make up my mind.  BTW, the cookies were fabulous with coffee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment