Friday, September 2, 2011

The Van Chronicles

If you are my "friend" on Facebook you already know I had some problems today with the van.  I got up and did my morning chores and was ready to leave the house to grocery shop and generally waste time at a few stores.  I was barely a mile from the house when an alarm started chiming.  I quickly checked my dashboard and saw my engine temp was HOT.  Thanks to my Daddy, I have a LITTLE knowledge about engines.  Very little, but enough to know what to do.  I pulled over, lowered the windows, turned off the AC and turned on the heater and started letting the engine cool.  When it cooled enough, I drove home, parked on the street (level) and came into the house to text hubby and post on Facebook.  Nothing like sharing your grief and pain with the world.  Ha ha!

Once it cooled, I popped open the hood and took a look around:



Hmmmmm.....I don't see ANY fluid in the overflow tank thingie for the radiator......
Let's add some water.

Filled, tested and tried.  It's holding water!  I'm DONE!!

And, yes, I wore white Larry Levine capris and an H&M peasant top while working on the van. 
NO, I didn't get a bit of grease or dirt on them.
However, when I cooked dinner, I wore my apron. 
Seriously.


Photo credits go to Patrick.
The cooking shot was candid. 
 The van shots had to be recreated as I had no one  home to take pictures.  However, I really did work on the van in these clothes.....which were what I also wore to the football game tonight at hubby's school. 

BTW, did you see a little snippet of our neighborhood?  It's so pretty.  I love living here.


As for my headache, it must be from allergies.  I took an allegra this morning and once I got rid of the tiny headache that was just starting, I've felt fine all day.  Looks like I will be taking allergy meds daily again.  Not fun, but better than feeling horrible every day.  I'm just glad it didn't take me six months and 10 rounds of doctor visits to figure it out this time.  :)  

Have a great day.  Set your coffee pot now so it's ready in the morning when you awaken!  I'm heading off to prep mine now.  Will be doing a repeat of this morning's coffee.  Here's hoping I enjoy it as much tomorrow as I did today!!  I'm sure I shall. 

Thanks to the comments on my earlier post. For some reason, Blogger won't let me respond to the comments.  Weird.  So, I will comment now:   Debra, I have a Sams Club in town.  Will try your recommendation if they have it in stock on my next trip.  Peggy, thanks for the kind words.  Stress level is actually much lower than it has been in recent months.  Maybe it's a delayed reaction plus the allergies?  Who knows....  Dorothy, I'm also allergic to mesquite. Go figure, huh?  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment