Friday, October 7, 2011

I Did It!!

What did I do?  I went shopping for the weekend in Dallas with my friend Debra, who I met in Virginia Beach four years ago when we moved there from Corpus Christi.  Both of us left Virginia in late June 2011 for the West.  Me to TX, she to KS.  Dallas is "in the middle" and a great place to meet.  :)  We did lots of shopping, lots of talking, some eating and coffee drinking....and even went to a Dallas Cowboys Game!!!  They were winning when we left.  Apparently, we were their lucky charm because right after we left the building, their momentum tanked.  Here are a couple of pictures from the game. 
This is Debra, decked out in her Cowboys gear.  She is a true fan....and has the jersey's to prove it. :)
We were sitting in the nosebleed section.  See the two rows behind her? 
That's how close we were to the top of the stadium.  Seriously.
However, they were great seats.  You can see the field pretty well and the jumbotron is "right there". 
The next picture shows a view of the stadium and the screen. 



These are my purchases in one pile. I stayed within my budget and stuck to my rules:  I only bought things if I LOVED them and if they were reduced. (Only ONE thing was full price!!)  I did good.  :)

Here are some of the things I actually purchased... I don't have any pictures of the jewelry or shoes I purchased. 

Bought this at Anthropologie.  I also bought another blue top that is VERY cute, but I didn't take a picture.  Crazy!!

I bought both the sweater and top at Banana Republic. 
Aren't they cute?? 

These aren't clothing, but I bought them at Anthropologie too:
This is the sugar bowl I have wanted for a very long time. 
It was such a pleasure to purchase it in person.
Oh...and this was my full price item - in case you were wondering.  :)


These are some adorable measuring cups I saw on the Anthropologie website that were marked waaaaaayyyyyyy down.  I looked for them at every Anthro store we shopped that weekend (all 4).  Debra spotted them in the last one.  WHEW!  I didn't want to go home without them.  Thanks to Debra, I didn't. 

This was a surprise purchase for my hubby who wanted a "Texas Star" for our house.
I found this one.


We hung it in our entry, centered over our front door. 
Cute, huh?



Are you tired yet from all our shopping?  I have not yet begun to show you everything I tried on.  Let me tell you, I tried on LOTS.....and lots....and lots...  Four Anthro Stores, One Banana Republic, One J. Crew, Dillards (where I bought shoes and jewelry, but don't have pics, *sigh*) and I don't remember where else!  It was crazy fun!  I won't put all the pictures in today....but I do have other pictures of outfits I tried on.  Some I loved. Some I want.  Some I didn't like at all.  Those are for another day.  This post is getting too long as it is...and I've yet to reveal my big surprise...

I DID IT!!!  I got tired of my hair.  I saw a SuperCuts.  I went in and confessed my trust issues and asked for someone who is good with curly hair and short cuts.  They told me to wait for the manager.  I did.  It was worth the wait.  :)  You saw the hair from the weekend.  Typically pulled back and not very attractive.  Well, I'm going to have to relearn how to work it (again) but the cut is adorable.  The pictures do NOT do it justice at all.  Here it is....

I took this at home after my initial cut. 
She blew it dry and straightened it a bit.
Cute.  But, we all know that it will NEVER be straight again.  LOL


This was me in my "Mom Uniform" heading to the Middle School Band Concert last night.
Wearing one of my recent Ross purchases (the cream cardi) and carrying my new travel mug. 


And, this is me today - just a few minutes ago - with my hair curly as usual.
Love the bangs.  Love the length.  Love how SOFT it feels. 
Love having the frizzy ends gone.  :)
Will love it more when I get the hang of styling it....
But I seriously like it now.

Coffee:  Oh yes.  An entire pot of Sam's Choice Fair Trade Arabica Medium Roast GONE before noon today.  Probably gone before 11:00.  It was one of those days.  Wrote Justin letter #25 on the computer today.  However, there are days when I handwrite a letter that doesn't get numbered.  Here is a snapshot of one I wrote before leaving for Dallas.  I wonder if he read it.  LOL

If you look closely, in the very middle of the page it says "Turn over please."  I was nice.  On the back of the page I wrote on the lines, left to right, properly.  However, next letter....who knows?  :)

See you next time!!! 
Keep drinking coffee!!


6 comments:

  1. WOW! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new haircut!!! and YES, I need to find a weekend to come that direction. I get a long weekend for Veterans Day in November; does that work for you and the family? I have friends [Mom and Dad's] in Caldwell and would stop to see them on the way to Waco. Email me, Chica!!

    I am so proud you stepped 'out of your box' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does this mean I was the first to know?! (Yay me!)
    Love the haircut. It was time. LOL
    I am going to grab a couple of the photo's for my blog. I will link you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra, yes, you were the first to know. Although after I texted you, I went to see hubby at work to show off the new 'do. And, YES, it was definitely time. Now to learn how to style it again. I forgot and it's only been a few months. LOL

    Terry....Look for a text message from me. Email was too slow to respond!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new haircut, especially the way you styled it. Very cute! Love Anthropologie too, but can't usually afford to do anything but look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vicki!! :) If I didn't say it in the blog (already forgot) everything I bought was on sale - mostly second cuts, some third!! I had 3 rules: 1. Must LOVE. 2. Must pay CASH (so I didn't go over my limit) and 3. MUST be reduced otherwise, I would only be able to buy one item. LOL Going TO the store is awesome because they have a sale room...and usually some sale racks just outside where you can easily find the marked down merchandise. I will definitely be going back as often as I can. Am totally in love with the Anthro experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair Susan, it's adorable.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete