Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Where is My Muse?

This is becoming a habit. A bad habit.

Blog day rolls around and I have nothing to say.  Nothing.

Having nothing to say is highly unusual for me. Typically, I can rattle on for hours about nothing, or everything. But, suddenly, trying to find something to write about 3 times a week is causing my creativity to stop.

Complete and total halt.

No ideas.

No inspiration.

No intentional topics.

Nothing.

My brain turns into a blank. 

A zero.

I attempt to stimulate the creative juices. I send out pleas on Facebook asking what people want to read about. I tweet about it. I text my husband.

In desperation, I watch DVDs of my favorite tv show to see if that will jump start my brain. After all, Castle is a writer.  I am a writer. That should help, right?

After a few episodes, I consider watching Julie and Julia, the movie that inspired me to begin my blog. Of course, her blog was about cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook. Um, sorry. Not even going to attempt that one. I can't do aspics. Or duck.

Oops, got distracted for a second. Back to the topic.

I need a muse. Someone or something to inspire me. To help me with that continual flow of inspiration to keep writing, to make the writing mean something, to have the words flow quickly and easily.

Yesterday, writing by the fire seemed to help. So, I built a fire. Do you know getting a fire going with wet kindling is not easily accomplished?  A topic for another day. Let's just say I have no junk mail now. 

What I do have is a roaring fire and a blog post written about nothing.  But, ideas are rolling about in my head for my novel. That is a good thing.

Now to keep them at the forefront until I can get them out of my head and in black and white. 

Where is my coffee? I need a cup. And another log for the fire.

Hmmm, I wonder if my husband will be okay if I use the fireplace this summer when the muse refuses to come?  Somehow, I doubt it....

No comments:

Post a Comment