Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Behind Schedule...

Is there anything more delicious than finding out at 9:00 pm that school is delayed 2 hours the following morning?


Yes!


Sleeping in two extra hours the following morning! 


This was what happened here last night.  It was great to have a leisurely morning, making pancakes for the family before realizing we were *this close* to being late. 


What is it about school starting at 10:00 that puts you behind schedule?  You sleep in, you feel like you have all morning ahead of you and then suddenly, you are in a rush, trying to get ready to go in time. 


Once home from dropping the boys at school, I realized this now put me 2 hours behind for cleaning and writing.  What to do... 


Stick to the schedule!  Instead of sitting down to Facebook and Twitter this morning, I did a quick post, closed the Kindle, put down my phone and got busy. 


Laundry.  Beds.  Vacuum.  Kitchen.  Bathrooms.  Shower.


Now, I am finally kicking back, finishing my second bottle of water, watching pairs figure skating which I DVRed yesterday.  It's time to grab some lunch, take my vitamins and have a second cup of coffee. 


Then, I can move onto the rest of my schedule:  making dinner and writing. 


Thankfully, dinner is basically ready.  We had roast last night.  After lunch, I will shred the remaining beef and warm it in the crockpot this afternoon.  I will cut a green pepper and onion to saute before time to eat. Last I will grate some Swiss cheese and split the rolls I bought yesterday.  All we have to do, is build our sandwiches and broil them a bit to melt the cheese.  Yummy! 


Writing.  Wow, I am so behind there.  I have been working on writing Chapter 11 for a while now.  Actually, I haven't been writing, because I wasn't sure how I wanted/needed it to end.  It took a few days of letting it marinate in my brain.  Now, I know what needs to happen to take me into the next chapter.  Whew.  Now, to write it.  :)


Hope you are having a fantastic day.  I need coffee....

No comments:

Post a Comment