Monday, February 10, 2014

Rainy and Monday....How to get thru it, Susan Style. :)

Cold cloudy, rainy days make me want to do certain things.






Like..... 






Cook!  Especially baking yummy desserts or bread.  Don't you love the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies or warm bread.  Ahhhhh.....  I can practically smell them now.


Read!  I love a good book on a cold rainy day.  There is something so satisfying about curling up in front of the fire with a book and a dog or two and reading.  Add a cup of coffee and a freshly baked cookie and I am in heaven. 


Stay in my jammies!   As soon as I don't have to be anywhere else for the day, you can almost be certain to find me wearing my comfy jammies as I sit in front of the fire, drinking coffee and reading. 






Write!  Writers are readers, but we are also writers.  After a reading vacation, sometimes my fingers are itching to get back to my story.  Plus, the laptop actually in my lap helps me stay warm.  Win win!






Eat!  Well, if I'm going to cook, I am certainly going to eat.  Comfort foods are the best.  One of my favorites is breakfast for dinner.  Yummy.  Love pancakes with maple syrup, sausage and bacon on a cold winter's evening.  Is there anything better?  Other than a pot of soup, that is?


What do you like to do when it's cold and icky outside?  Comment and let me know.  You can be sure I'll be drinking coffee and reading as I wait to find out.  :) 


Sorry there are no pictures today.  For some reason, I couldn't get them to load.  Maybe Wednesday.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment