Thursday, January 19, 2012

This and that...

Happy Thursday! Welcome to my corner of the world today. 

This morning I had some fun playing with the blow dryer and this is what happened.  I think I like it.  I told my hubby that I'm channeling my inner "Mod Girl".  I think it looks better in person, but you get the idea of how it looked today. 



I like it more than I did a couple days ago.  In another week or so, I may actually love it. That's one nice thing about having hair that grows so quickly.  A too short cut soon grows out.  :)

Since I haven't posted an OOTD in a while, I snapped this picture in the dressing room at Marshall's today. 

See the blue t-shirt behind me?  I bought it.  It's so cute and looks great with jeans, khakis, shorts, etc.  Plus, I have 3 cardigans that look great with it.  Love it when I find a piece that integrates into my wardrobe so well.  :)  Even better when it's something I've been wanting - in this case, a patterned t-shirt. For those who care, it's DKNY and was on clearance.  Love picking up a bargain. :) 
This morning I mentioned on Facebook that I was experimenting with dinner tonight. The verdict is "just okay" so I'm not including the recipe.  It wasn't a disaster, but neither was it fabulous.  Once I've perfected the recipe and it's perfectly scrumptious, I will share it.  Promise.

Enjoyed quite a bit of coffee today.  Also enjoyed quite a bit of writing/editing.  More editing than writing, truth be told.  It's not happening quickly, but it is happening one day at a time. Speaking of writing, last night Lisa Wingate, who was speaking at a Christian Writers Workshop, said only 1 out of every 200 people who say they want to write a book actually complete the manuscript.  Funny, no one asked how many of those people got their manuscript published.  I think we were all afraid to hear the answer!

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair and the dramatic eyes. I think you should choose either the dramatic eyes or a red/hot pink lip ... not both.

    I like your short hair so much that I'm thinking of going short myself. Not sold yet though. But I'm considering.

    ReplyDelete